No announcement yet.

My 88 may be a total

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alignment shop said no go until stuff gets fixed. need both upper ball joints, driver side wheel bearings, passenger side tie rod sleeve, and another wheel. one of my originals was out of round. Has about a 5mm walk left-right. Found a place in Dallas that has steelies and bought 2 more. Gonna get the rust bomb wheel and the wiggle wheel remounted after I fix the wheel bearings. Then I'm gonna have some steel to drop off at a recycler in town. Should make back a little change. Also found out that hotrod shops building 9" rears love to use the panther steelies for the "authentic" look.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

upper ball joints replaced... wheel bearings replaced... tie rod sleeve replaced... wheels taken care of. need to find out why the blower motor is not working. going to the alignment shop shortly.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Check common stuff first. Connectors and such. Check fuses to make sure one didn't pop loose from the box.

Comment

yeah... everything else runs (all my riggings and the relay for the blower). I think the blower is wedged. The body is bent at the A pillar a little. I'll have to unload it and see.

Alignment is postponed until tomorrow. Lower ball joints need changing too. Idler arm was busted as well (surprised I missed that wiggle). Replaced that during lunch today so the shop can do the lower ball joints. I'm too beat to do them. I'll pay someone else to fix that.

Comment

lower ball joints and alignment done. drives straighter than it ever has. (the new tires probably help too.) All functional stuffs are fixed and it's road worthy. Will get to the engine mounts eventually.

I should be getting a salvage title in the mail or notice from the state to acquire such by Christmas. I'm going to make them come to me for it as I had clear title to the car.

Beater will beat. Need diamond plate bumpers now.

Comment

and here's what the header panel looks like behind the blinker now (it's still in one piece, so I'm not gonna mess with it).

Comment

Can you fill in the cracks without taking apart the header panel ? It might prevent the cracks from spreading. Maybe silicone ?

Comment

I probably could, but a fiberglass epoxy would be better. With the parking lamp in place, you can't even see it except for the little crack between the lamp and fender... so meh.

as it sits:

Comment

I had a 96 Explorer that pulled out in front of me a few years ago. Needed grille, right headlight ( I did both) header and just dinged the leading edge of the hood. I chose not to replace the header and just fixed the crack with some two part epoxy, then hit it with the rattle can. (ford oxford white) Sold the truck to my roommate a year later and he t-boned a Chevy 1500. Destroyed the Explorer. Funny thing is, the epoxy held. The header broke around it.
                    1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

yeah... glue is usually stronger. The devcon plastic welder epoxy I generally use would probably do the trick, but meh. I'm thinking of getting another grand marquis badge to cut out the MA from marquis and D from grand and make MAD to put on the trunk to go along with the other mods I have planned.

Comment

Awesome. Mad Marq, limited edition.

Comment

driver side exhaust tip prevented the bumper from scraping the ground when the right front launched off the curb...

Comment

Looks like sad exhaust tip is sad. Maybe some erectile dysfunction pills would help!
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

meh... beater gonna beat. gimme some steel to mount on each end and plow through stuff with.

Comment

Cool. Can't wait to see awesome bumpers!

Pete
                                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                                X