No announcement yet.

My 1981 Ford LTD, lifted, 5 speed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put some 4.10's in it, without a bigger cam and better heads these engines are turds, need lots of gearing to get it to move decent. I'd say 3.55 for stock tire height so for those I'd go 4.10 and not look back. I'm sure the 5spd helps a lot but the extra gearing will help it live too.

Btw video of start-up, idle and small revs are required, possibly dark to watch flames shoot out
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I don't think he comes around here too often, I wish he would. It'd be great to see what he's done to the car and more pictures.

It pissed me off that Roadkill didn't buy that thing. But they're right, it's just about finished.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I see great potential for this! I don't normally like stuff like this. But for some reason. it just looks right!

Comment

This thing is badass! My dad used to have a jacked up late 70's Camaro. I loved that thing so much, but it was such a pile of shit. lol

I like the idea of buying a donk and making it into something like this. Might save it some dignity.

Comment

What episode of Roadkill was this on?

Comment

Episode 33, just in the first few minutes. I recommend watching all the episodes, its an awesome car show!

Comment

Originally posted by N2odart View Post
                Episode 33, just in the first few minutes. I recommend watching all the episodes, its an awesome car show!
                +1 Roadkill is epic stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I've seen all of them up until 30. I usually wait for a few episodes to come out and then catch up. It is an excellent show.

Comment

I think I'm in love...
                    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

What roof rack is that?

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
                      1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
                      88 CVLX
                      01 Marquis

Comment

The roof rack is cut down from a Chevy mini van. The roof basket is a Thule.

Comment

if i lived in Cali.... this would be my pre-runner
                          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Working...
                          X