Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1981 Ford LTD, lifted, 5 speed!

Nice to find a box FoMoCo forum.
    This is my 1981 Ford LTD, known as The General. It has a 302 with an Edelbrock intake, Holley 600 cfm carb, Thrush mufflers that exit out the hood, .471 lift Summit cam. The trans is a 5 speed out of a 95 Mustang Gt, with a hydraulic clutch. The lift is a 3 inch body lift from a Jeep Wrangler and a 3 inch suspension lift from Universal Car Lifts.

Welcome man. The General looks badass.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That looks pretty darn cool! Nice job.

Sent from my '85 Lincolin Town Car
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys. Its kind of a desert racer meets rally cross racer meets apocalypse machine.

Comment

Oh yeah! I remember this from CVN. Glad you made it to GMN man!

I really like how you can see all the elements you mentioned. Lift kit from the desert racer, rally car-esque roof mounted fog lights, and apocalypse machine for the paintjob and logos. You better bring this to STAP and/or Scottsfest! Can only imagine how this thing looks in person.
          '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
          '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
          '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

CVN isnt a very exciting forum. The General actually looks much bigger in person. Nice to find someplace for Panthers thats not all cop car stuff.

Comment

Glad you made it over here! One of my favorite boxes around.

We love our boxes and our boxes love us.
              Last edited by pantera77; 04-12-2014, 05:33 PM.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I was inspired by VW Baja Bugs, the Fast N Loud 73 Impala, and the Fast N Loud 69 Shelby convertible "might be a clone". The General did evolve. I wanted a rally cross racer that was V8 powered, rear wheel drive, and had coil springs on all 4 corners. So when I bought it, it was an ugly metallic pea green color, so I sprayed it flat green and black. Then I decided it needed some army stars on it. Then it just kept going from there. Future plans include a stereo system, more lights, a disc brake rear end with 3.something gears.

Comment

I love it. I want to stick my 96 on a 4x4 chassis and lift it a few inches.
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I would so put some fender flares on that and drive the hell out of it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The Fist of Pain
                      2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

Comment

I love it! In my youth I had a 1980 Malibu (mid-size) with a v6. I put v8 springs in the front and 1976 (full-size) springs in the back. It had a nice stance and I never had to slow down for railroad tracks! I had such fun in that old car until the engine finally went.

Your car reminds me of it, but on a much grander scale. I definitely see you rolling over Zombies in that rig!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
                        George Burns

Comment

I gotta ask, prolly a dumb question but it is 4x4 or u leave it just rear with a locked rear diff?
                          1997 Ford F-250 Light Duty 5.4 (Betty)
                          1991 Ford Aerostar 3.0 (Papi)
                          1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 5.0(Undecided)

Comment

Originally posted by PainFisted View Post
                            Lmfao! I kinda thought the same thing.

But srsly, sweet ass ride! Definitely looks like a car for the zombie apocalypse.

'93 T-bird
                            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                            '88 Mark VII
                            '86 CV

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X