85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post

But yes, I'm planning on finding a 92+ low mile Vic rear end probably in fall. I want to be able to reuse the axles.
    Are the 92+ axles different than 91?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Disc not drum

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        i can't stress how important this is. Don't be a fool like me and turn all your vehicles into project vehicles.

b.t.d.t.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          Disc not drum
          Also 1" wider on both sides.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
            Are the 92+ axles different than 91?
            I don't think the actual axles are, the housings are bit different (92+ have the mounts for the newer style rear sway bar) and they have rear disc, but otherwise are the same. 90-97 all have the same track width, with 90 being a crossover year.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I used goofoff for the glue on the doors/fenders. Surprised it didn't mess up the clear coat. Flashes off quickly but did a nice job. The paint is just a slight bit whiter now where the strips were protecting it when you look at it close in the sun.
              sigpic
              89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
              13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
              "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

So are the disc axles physically different from the 91 drum axles?

Comment

Bobcat, this is turning out to be a vicious beast!

Comment

Other than the drums and backing hardware and possibly the brake lines/ parking brake cable, no physical differences 91 to 92

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                        Bobcat, this is turning out to be a vicious beast!
                        That's what I'm aiming for...

Update:
                        Started it up and broke it in today. Sounded great and idled good, had to take periodic breaks to adjust the rocker arms.. Still need to do the passenger's side, they're not-as-bad. Blip the key for a second and it fires right up. All systems a go. Gotta take out the T5 since I forgot the clutch fork and throwout bearing Got my firewall clutch cable adjuster today, need to drill a hole in the firewall and all that jazz. Soon soon it'll be drivable.. Hell.. Yeah...

Yes.. I know about the camber on that driver's wheel.. I need to put the shocks in still and adjust all that. I just wanted to see what it'd FINALLY look like with front tires..
                        Before and after of engine
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2272.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1277226Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2284.JPG
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1277227Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2267.JPG
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1277228Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1277229

Needs:
                        Fuel regulator
                        Driveshaft U-Joint
                        Calipers
                        Brake lines

and she's set. Also need a new shifter handle, that short shit; aint gonna fly.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Bobcat; 03-16-2015, 12:08 AM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

You should also look into a round knob, t-handles lead to missed shifts...

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                            Gotta take out the T5 since I forgot the clutch fork and throwout bearing
                            Wth??? Lol.................
                            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Since you are taking out the T5...do yourself a favor and take it apart, it doesn't take long, and check the shift fork insert, the tailshaft bushing, and the synchros...
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

What do you need a clutch for? Learn to flat shift it If you're good, it won't even damage the trans. It is a bit hard on the starter having to crank-start from every stop light though.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X