85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Looks about right. If you don't have a starter relay with 4 terminals, you'll probably need to get one, otherwise you won't have any power to the ignition system when cranking. Thats one of the less smart things about Ford ignition switches. The wire that powers the ignition goes dead when you roll it to start.
    Someone already had put one in. Thanks to A little 'which wire does which' assistance from John, I made the fuel pump relay operable, trouble shooted my blinkers and found out the blinker module was just tweaked in one of the plugs.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    What brake booster are you putting in?

And also make sure to document very well the assembly of the pedals for the added clutch pedal as well as where you end up punching the hole in the firewall for the clutch cable to go through.
    Will do! I'm using a 98-02 booster that I got new from a JY CVB vic.

I need to get a bunch of little stuff as it is now. Hoses, oil, battery cable ends, spark plugs, header bolts.
    Big things being:
    Carb
    Pedals
    Trans

The guy who I'm supposed to buy the trans and pedals from is being a little allusive..
    I'd say it's coming along nicely. Trying to get as far as I can so that I have time to work out bugs.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

PROGRESS.

Better than what I'm doing, that's for sure.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Is it soup yet?

Comment

Electrical soup?

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            Is it soup yet?
            Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
            Electrical soup?

-ryan s.
            Much confuse.

Made a mechanical fuel pump block off plate.
            Impacted the balancer down
            Installed the radiator
            Fitted the hoses
            Tested my starter
            Put on some dope motherfucking stickers
            Hooked up all heater hoses

Waiting on bellhousing to start it.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

is the brake booster in yet?
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                is the brake booster in yet?
                Not going to put it in, until I build pedals. Column is still down too. But I have the new booster

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Welp.

Carb gasket on
                  Carb studs in, carb bolted down.
                  Fan, fan shroud, radiator and hoses are on and tight.
                  Finalized the wiring, the only thing in question is my distributor to MSD box wiring. I'll finalize that, when the distributor and 3g alternator are on.

Filled with oil and coolant, no leaks. She's all ready to be started up.. Just need a fucking T5 and it seems they're slim pickins around Connecticut. Balls.

Story about what happened to the last 'T5z' I was supposed to be buying.
                  I went to the kids house, which was an hour and half away. I get there at 3:30 and see he just started taking the trans out. (Okay this shouldn't take long, no big deal.). I goto McDonalds and have a nice sit down meal with my traveling compadre. I go back 45 minutes later and see that he hasn't gotten anywhere. He removed the trans cross member and the trans is tilted back and he's only got two bolts out. I get slightly irritated after standing there for 20 minutes and seeing the only progress made, is his father snapping an extension in half. I lol'd. So I asked politely if I could give it a whirl. I crawl under this bitch with a scissor jack, I jacked up the main case of the trans and then tried to use his shitty harbor freight 3/8s drive ratchet with three extensions on it to atempt to get it out. No luck. I told the kid he shouldn't told me and I wouldn't brought a cordless impact. Okay. No big deal, he agrees to deliver it this coming Wednesday (Last week). I shake his hand and say to him. "I'm going to shake on it, that you give me your word and deliver it and not sell it to someone else." He agrees.
                  Wednesday shows up, he calls me and tells me he got it out and is going to come deliver it. I'm excited, finally I get my shit. Nah dude. Time rolls by and he never comes. I call and text him with no reply. It's almost a week since. I guess he just disappeared off the face of the earth and I lost my 30$ of gas money.

End of story.

Pictures of before I finished it all up.

Yes, I need to clean up the carb. I don't know what to use, to remove the aluminum oxidation.

Maybe some time I'll just take the bowls off and paint them black or polish them, when I do the valve covers.... Fuck it, it'll wait.
                  Last edited by Bobcat; 01-13-2015, 09:58 AM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

If you're not ready to start it, do it now. Stuff that can wait until later usually ends up waiting until never. Do it, get it done, be proud of the result.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
                    Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

Ultrasonic cleaner.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Since you are going MSD and 3G, that wiring should be extremely straight forward. Will also be less wiring hanging around.

Many might not agree but, I would take the carb apart, clean it real good and lightly paint it. The bare carb stands out too much and having to keep up on the polish is a pain.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Do you have a transmission for it at all, so you can at least drive it around to move it, and break the engine in? If you have a working auto, just drive that until it blows up. Maybe find a transmission that holds up a little better than a T5, like I read the T45 does well and you could find one pretty easy, or TR3650.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                            Since you are going MSD and 3G, that wiring should be extremely straight forward. Will also be less wiring hanging around.

Many might not agree but, I would take the carb apart, clean it real good and lightly paint it. The bare carb stands out too much and having to keep up on the polish is a pain.
                            Yeah the MSD was easy as hell to wire, two power wires, two coil wires, one wire to ignition in RUN and START and then since I'm using a MSD distributor, two wires to that. All done.
                            I fully plan on doing that to the carb. But I want to see it run, before I perfect it.

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                            Do you have a transmission for it at all, so you can at least drive it around to move it, and break the engine in? If you have a working auto, just drive that until it blows up. Maybe find a transmission that holds up a little better than a T5, like I read the T45 does well and you could find one pretty easy, or TR3650.
                            T45s are easy as hell to find, as are TR3650s. The problem is that, they don't have a removable bellhousing and their bell is only for the mod motor. A TR3550 would fit and work perfect. But that's an aftermarket trans..

I really only need a bellhousing to start it. I just need something to hold the starter. I sold my AOD and I already removed the linkages and removed the column shift. It's T5 or bust.

Trust me, there's still plenty to do after the engine. But I will not invest anymore money in anything other than drivetrain until I have a trans and it runs. There's currently no front suspension, Lower control arms, Uppers, coil, Ect. I bought all the big brake parts (Uppers, poly bushings, spindle- only one is what the JY had.) but it seems I need the eccentric bolts and another spindle. I have the new coils, shocks and bushings just waiting.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Did you happen to keep the TV rod from the old AOD?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                                Did you happen to keep the TV rod from the old AOD?
                                Probably..
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X