No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed on the round knob commentary. Logan, you may try EPCO (google EPCO shift knobs) for a knob. They have made all my custom knobs, and they are based right in Mass. Very reasonable, and awesome products.

For a shifter handle... do a little research on the Hurst short throw shifter for the NV3500 in '99-'03 GM trucks, and '02-'04 Rams with the NV3500. I had one in my Dodge (just sold the truck Friday or else I'd get the p/n), and I believe it would be perfect for one of these cars. Otherwise, Pantera seemed to have one that fits nice in his '89.

User core-shifters on Ebay has a great selection of sticks as well.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      What do you need a clutch for? Learn to flat shift it If you're good, it won't even damage the trans. It is a bit hard on the starter having to crank-start from every stop light though.
      That's a little unreasonable, lol.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
      Agreed on the round knob commentary. Logan, you may try EPCO (google EPCO shift knobs) for a knob. They have made all my custom knobs, and they are based right in Mass. Very reasonable, and awesome products.

For a shifter handle... do a little research on the Hurst short throw shifter for the NV3500 in '99-'03 GM trucks, and '02-'04 Rams with the NV3500. I had one in my Dodge (just sold the truck Friday or else I'd get the p/n), and I believe it would be perfect for one of these cars. Otherwise, Pantera seemed to have one that fits nice in his '89.

User core-shifters on Ebay has a great selection of sticks as well.
      Yeah I need to find a shift knob, I really dislike T-handles and pistol grips. Nick has a really nice fitting hurst handle in his TC and I think I'm going to get one the exact same or similar.

You fellas may enjoy this.
      Last edited by Bobcat; 03-17-2015, 08:41 AM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
        I really dislike T-handles and pistol grips.
        Speaking strictly from a racing/powershifting standpoint............t-handles suck, they feel weird from a leverage standpoint and most "balls" are way to hard...i either jam my wrist on the 2/3 or run the risk of a slip with any moisture on your hand (i keep a rag by my shifter to wipe my hands after my burnout)............i actually prefer the stock fox t5 knob or the long shift handle, i have 3 of them in different cars...very thin and they dont have the finger slots.....comfy, good leverage and have a button for line-loc/2 step..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	lon-gripm_w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1277238
        Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Blue View Post
          Speaking strictly from a racing/powershifting standpoint............t-handles suck, they feel weird from a leverage standpoint and most "balls" are way to hard...i either jam my wrist on the 2/3 or run the risk of a slip with any moisture on your hand (i keep a rag by my shifter to wipe my hands after my burnout)............i actually prefer the stock fox t5 knob or the long shift handle, i have 3 of them in different cars...very thin and they dont have the finger slots.....comfy, good leverage and have a button for line-loc/2 step..........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42199[/ATTACH]
          I am good w/balls, but I also have the Long handle (knob)in the yellow car. There is a switch on the dash to toggle between linelock + 2 step and linelock. It is an expensive knob, but well worth the cost.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

When I drove a manual car, it had a 7 ball that I'd drilled a hole in. It was a 7 because that was the least ugly of the 3 random ones in the box of junk from the flea market. It was very comfortable to use, much better than the stock VW "mushroom" shifter head.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              It was a 7 because that was the least ugly of the 3 random ones in the box of junk from the flea market..
              Lol...........worth the story right there.........

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                Otherwise, Pantera seemed to have one that fits nice in his '89.
                I love the shifter in my car, it's perfect for me. But everyone has a different idea of what the perfect handle is. I also run a generic overpriced Hurst ball.
                My ramp truck has a T-handle, and I plan on leaving it, granted I have no intentions of bang shifting it...

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Video.

351w stock bottom end, GT40 heads, 90' T5 swap, 1.72RR, TFS1 cam, Weiand Stealth intake, Demon 650 carb

Drove it today, it does burnouts; easily.

T handle sucks, never using it again. Not driving the car until I have a real shifter.

Oh. Also has no brakes, E-Brake works fantastic though..

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                    I love the shifter in my car, it's perfect for me. But everyone has a different idea of what the perfect handle is. I also run a generic overpriced Hurst ball.
                    My ramp truck has a T-handle, and I plan on leaving it, granted I have no intentions of bang shifting it...

You have the exact same handle and knob that Nick does. I plan on getting that.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                      I am good w/balls.
                      My work here is done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Glad you got it running

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                          My work here is done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          I can't believe I missed that.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Took it for a drive yesterday. Goes through all the gears and really needs swaybars.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Cool!! Another muscle box in the world.
                              sigpic
                              89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                              13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                              "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Nice job Logan.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X