• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run whatcha bring, baby.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

more displacement, but it took 33 years to pull the 302 out of production and 40 years for the entire platform to go dead. The 4.6 lasted what, 22 ? Also consider that the Windsor platform was in production alongside the modular for a decade should tell you something as well.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
        All that work to make less power than my family couch.

-ryan s.
        **** yo couch lol

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Also consider the new 5.0 is a bored out 4.6L.
          Still a Mod motor.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

OOOOOOO Boy do I hear a challenge? This could be interesting......

Comment

It's pretty much spilling over from last ScottFest.
              And the previous one.
              And so on.

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Well we've proved that the 5.0 is more fastar than yours as well. Need I remind you of my stock e7 headed HO in a certain 92 Grand Marquis that easily shat on your 'highway queen' Not to mention I still had 5 quarts of oil in the pan :p

Comment

That's right, you ran a 16.8.
                  Watch out.
                  A better challenge would have been HO vs PI, but I'm too lazy.
                  Maybe this year it will happen.....

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I gotta get Scott or someone to bring the Grand Marquis too.

Comment

Some info on MSD distributers. The only ones offered for a Ford hyd roller with what you call steel gears (realy only extra hardened CI) were the EFI units. A carbed MSD dizzy came with the hyd / mechanical flat tappet gear. MSD does offer the "steel" gear for the non EFI distributor but it has to be installed by you or a shop.
                      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                        That's right, you ran a 16.8.
                        That's slower than a stock lopo.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                          That's slower than a stock lopo.
                          That wagon was a freak. You were faster than more than half of the HO swap panthers there. But you're only supporting that the 5.0 is more better. So thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                            That wagon was a freak. You were faster than more than half of the HO swap panthers there. But you're only supporting that the 5.0 is more better. So thanks for your support!
                            My worn out 265k mile lopo wagon with a dying AOD runs a 16.3
                            My parts-laying-around HO converted lopo ran a 15.2 with stock duals

As for the horrible thread derail, if you think building a SBF is expensive, wait until you start buying parts for a modular. It's a physically much larger engine, with less displacement, that cost more money to mod. I really don't see it's benefits, and I say this as I'm driving a 4.6 car, and swapping a 4.6 into a box. 4v's are nice though, they have much potential.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                              As for the horrible thread derail, if you think building a SBF is expensive, wait until you start buying parts for a modular. It's a physically much larger engine, with less displacement, that cost more money to mod.
                              I know that. Why do you think I hide from anything that involves a modular ford motor? Lol

Comment

If I juced up a mod motor most stock ones its best to by a blower kit for it and go with about 4 or 5 lbs of boost. Change the pistons and maybe 10 lbs change the rods maybe 15. Even then quarter times dont seem all that great compaired to a NA 302 carbed let alone one boosted.
                                I blame a lot of its performance issues on mod motors port design. I always bitched about it to the Ford cylinder head engineers as well as a few other things like tumble and swirl in the combustion chamber it could be one of the issues with direct injection engines building up carbon on the intake valve. Ford was all about tumble no swirl.
                                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                                X