• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2V or 4V?

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      I know that. Why do you think I hide from anything that involves a modular ford motor? Lol
      Because it makes more power than yours.....

-ryan s.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        I gotta get Scott or someone to bring the Grand Marquis too.
        Someone will.
        We have to get that to the Dyno as we'll.
        My offer stillllllllll stands.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Getting this thread back on topic...

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
          Project cars suck, this started out as a as an idea to run a very slightly modified 351w (Intake, carb) and was supposed to still have an AOD and the stock brakes. Goddamnit. In total, over 4,250$ later. I've got this mass of vehicle that can lay rubber for eternity. Let's hope this chalks up as another win on the dyno against Vicky.

Fuck, I should'a just put a TC 4.6 with underdrives!
          Project creep, friend. It happens to me all the time, not just with cars. I call is the "while I'm in here" attitude. While I"m in here, I might as well do this, and that, and...

Usually it means you've done something right, which is always good.

My Ford started as needing shock bushings and king pin bearings. $4500 in parts later, and I think I've covered my initial "concerns".
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

nice work!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Well I figured I'd update this a bit since I pushed it out of the garage and made use of GORGEOUS FUCKING WEATHER.

- Put on rear spacers (1") thread chased the studs, used lock tight, torqued them to 100 foot pounds and so on.
              - Put on my 1" rear swaybar, light tighted the bolts. Jesus it was easy to put on.
              - Took out the driveshaft bolts and lock tighted those.
              - Fixed the rear speakers, so that those don't buzz either.
              - Test fit the rims I plan on using, man am I sick of Turbines

Some other random little shit, I get side tracked really easily. I work on one thing and before that's done, I've finished six other smaller projects and then think "Oh goddamnit, not again" and finish the first one.

I hope you enjoy my current exhaust setup, I changed it to MAC Prochambers, since the video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2499.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1277322Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2500.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1277323Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2501.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1277324Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2502.jpg
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1277325Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2503.jpg
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1277326

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Did you use BBK 351 swap headers? And what else for exhaust, Mustang H-pipe? I'm curious how all that fits.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                  Did you use BBK 351 swap headers? And what else for exhaust, Mustang H-pipe? I'm curious how all that fits.
                  302 foxbody headers and 302 foxbody BBK H-Pipe. It works.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Dude, I LOVE that shifter.

What application is it, a truck shifter? Like, do you have the hurst measurement sheet?
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                      302 foxbody headers and 302 foxbody BBK H-Pipe. It works.
                      Do the pipes hit the floor?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                        Dude, I LOVE that shifter.

What application is it, a truck shifter? Like, do you have the hurst measurement sheet?
                        Wouldn't know, I nabbed it off the TC; since that's inoperable. I believe it to be just a run of the Hurst shifter. Though I will eventually figure it out and order the exact same one. It fits very very comfortably.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                        Do the pipes hit the floor?
                        Negatory. Though, the H-Pipe is a bastard to get together, since the 351 is wider. But it goes together, not well. But does.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Any fitment issues with the 302 headers, then clear the 351 fine?

Also would it be easier to say use 302/351 shorties with a Mustang shorty H-pipe made for use with longtubes, then have custom downpipes made so it would all fit better? I would think that could solve the clearance issue guys have with a Mustang H-pipe.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                            Any fitment issues with the 302 headers, then clear the 351 fine?

Also would it be easier to say use 302/351 shorties with a Mustang shorty H-pipe made for use with longtubes, then have custom downpipes made so it would all fit better? I would think that could solve the clearance issue guys have with a Mustang H-pipe.
                            Uhh.. It might. But I had zero issues. But I'm sure I'll have some headache when I goto good headers. If I ever do..

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Well it's registered and insured. Drove it around for a bit today (Mainly because I had to bring it back from Nicks.) and I'm sure it'll be a lot better when it has a front swaybar.. But. It moves out pretty well. 40 roll, it'll lay lay lay rubber with the one tire fire. Nick almost spun it out coming out of the turn to the gas station..

Brakes need bleeding and the carb is running rich. I drove by my buddy's house and he claimed the place was just entirely vibrating. It's pretty loud even with mufflers...
                              __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Sweet. Looks like it's coming along well.
                                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X