Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
    Well fellas. It's official.

John said my car is faster than his. even though I'm using his old intake parts.

I have achieved my goal. Time to make it look cool.

Oh. Guess the one wheel peels are pretty good. Since third gear has started to whine.

If I blow the rear with an open diff. I'll be super excited.

And broke.

"Effortless Power"
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Depends how you drive it. I'm betting it won't last long with him though Drive like an old fart like I do and you can rock a 4 cyl T5 behind a V8 without any trouble.
      If the tires aren't bald. You're doing something wrong.

I've already cycled my rears.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

High speed stationary rotation?
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

If the tires aren't bald. You're doing something wrong.

I've already cycled my rears.
          My tires are only 7 years old. They still have about 50% tread left.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well fellas. It's official.

John said my car is faster than his.
            And broke.
            It probably is, but we'll only know in August bud. I'm not really concerned about who is faster in this case because I know mine will stop :p Anywho. It's not faster right now, except maybe down a very steep incline... I'm glad you're happy with it, and I hope to see you and your awesome coupe at Scottfest!

Comment

Jeez, you guys are gonna make me actually make an effort on my tudor huh?
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Well yesterday I put the chip in that had the basic tune, so that it wouldn't hunt for idle anymore. Thank fucking god, that was aweful. I drove it one day like that and I was getting used to it stalling and just dumping the clutch again to get it started, even backing out of my driveway.

It's got a trip minder now, fuel gauge works but is a little wonky. Had my girlfriend with me in the car yesterday and it was the first time driving it without it being a bitch. Well, beat the shit out of the car for two hours and only used a quarter tank of gas. I'd say that's much more efficient than the 80 miles to 18 gallons I got when beating the shit out of it with the carb on it.

Suppose this is still only the begining and the car has a long way to go.

Aero rear, poly bushings, boxed arms and 3.73s with trac loc - next.

PS. No traction, fucking sucks.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Cool. Fuel injection FTW. Are you still needing an instrument voltage regulator? John told me yours was dinked. I'm about 99% sure you can replace that with a simple fixed voltage regulator and get rid of that 1960s make/break intermittant contact shit that the stock one uses. Probably would make the fuel gauge more responsive and accurate too.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Tell us more about the tune. This is something I will be getting into and I would like to know what others are using.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Tell us more about the tune. This is something I will be getting into and I would like to know what others are using.
                      Idle circuit is shitty, causes the car to buck a lot. It's because of my lumpy cam more or less. If you did a straight manual swap, you wouldn't have that issue.

oh and

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2973.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	1277702

18x9 in the front
                      18x10.5 in the rear.

Need .5 spacers in the front and .25 spacers in the rear. As well as tires with higher sidewall. But, they do look damn good. But these rubbers will cost much more to replace.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Idle circuit is shitty, causes the car to buck a lot. It's because of my lumpy cam more or less. If you did a straight manual swap, you wouldn't have that issue.

oh and

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42907[/ATTACH]

18x9 in the front
                        18x10.5 in the rear.

Need .5 spacers in the front and .25 spacers in the rear. As well as tires with higher sidewall. But, they do look damn good. But these rubbers will cost much more to replace.
                        Looks Great!

What is the backspacing? offset? What car were they originally spec'd for?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                          Looks Great!

What is the backspacing? offset? What car were they originally spec'd for?
                          They came off of an 03 Terminator Cobra. I believe the offset was +22mm and +24mm or something. Similar to bullitt rims.

But they're just much larger than bullitts.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

lol youngin. who did the tune? What brand, chip etc etc details.....
                            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I did. It's not perfected by any means. I changed a few parameters so it would idle decently. A proper tune for fuel is going to require a wideband o2 sensor. But for now the car is driveable as is. And apparently it's not as much of a gas hog as I originally thought it would be...
                              What needs to be understood, is that this is not just a simple manual swap. This is a 5.0 computer controlling a modified 351w.

Comment

Why does it feel like I am pulling teeth. lol

What product did you use?

Wheels look killer by the way Logan.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X