85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sly View Post
    You might need to have an upholstery shop rebuild the pull strap. Considering the options of just getting a strap and pretty freaking slim. And that turbo header clearance... or lack thereof.
    I wanted all new vinyl in black since I don't trust the dye. Yeah, I'll probably cut the flange off, spin it about an inch and have a buddy weld it up.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

So I guess you are gonna install new steering shaft? What did you end up doing with the firewall? Welding or?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
        So I guess you are gonna install new steering shaft? What did you end up doing with the firewall? Welding or?
        Going to make my own lower steering shaft. Firewall will stay how it is.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Ah crap, I just realized I was looking at a wrong spot. lol I guess that's what lack of sleep does. I was looking at the opening to the right of the steering shaft, thinking you modded it.

Comment

Well here's the update. Firewall is finished enough. I'm sure I'll redo it in a couple years again. Interior is coming together, awaiting some more trim, headliner and seats. All four wheels have the brakes on them, all hardlines are run, stainless lines are all on the calipers, proportioning valve is mounted.

Having a problem trying to figure out which door pins I need to use...

Here's the pictures. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1279203Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1056.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1279204Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1057.jpg
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1279205Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1058.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1279206Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1059.jpg
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1279207Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1067.jpg
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1279208Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1068.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1279209

Fender was only put on so that I could make sure that the inner fender wouldn't be a major problem for my clutch master. Then I took it off again.
            Last edited by Bobcat; 04-07-2016, 09:48 AM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I seem to remember being told its F150 door pins that you cut down to fit properly. They're too long but they are supposed to be the right diameter.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Big Steam, got pictures of the stainless lines?
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

i don't understand this steam thing. Its an internal combustion engine. Unless this also involves a retrofit for the power plant out of this beast, at best you can say "big Otto cycle".

Skip to about 8:40 to see it under proper big steam.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    i don't understand this steam thing. Its an internal combustion engine. Unless this also involves a retrofit for the power plant out of this beast, at best you can say "big Otto cycle".

Skip to about 8:40 to see it under proper big steam.

As I saw on facebook via John's posts. You have a very nice garage.

I'm going to use door pin 84310 for the upper hinge and likely another for the lower. We'll see. I'll snap some pics of the stainless lines if I remember.

Got a new radiator today since the box one was an inch too big and the mod motor one had the ports coming out of the wrong sides. A Foxbody mustang one is a good fit. @ 29" I got a "Severe duty" single core since that's the best one that my auto parts store stocked for $95. I plan to upgrade to a three core sometime in the future.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I sort of ended up with that garage. Mom's ex husband built it, then he left. I kicked out the picnic table and TV and made use of it as a garage. Its considerably nicer than the rest of the house. The cave that will eventually end up as the sort-of machine shop area is more typical of the rest of the place.

Comment

Well I dropped the tank so that I could change a line and make it longer than it previously was. Full on waiting for the engine mounts. I test fit them last night and they ended up needing to be raised 1/4" so Nick is doing that today, I made plates for him to weld to the top of them, so they're fully enclosed. Also prepped more of the core support so he could easily weld the plate on the bottom of it.

Trying to think of what I'm going to do with this rear end for the time being, I think that if I pour fluid in it - it's going to come out of the pinion as fast as it went in.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Latest update.

Engine mount brackets are done and now I'm waiting on my oil pickup to get here so I can put the engine together and put it in for good. I spent a couple hours sanding down the used bronco pan I had laying around to bare metal before painting it. Blah blah blah. Anyways, finished the fuel lines, minus the little straps that hold the lines on. (Am soaking them in a rust eater, seeing if it'll work) Header panel is welded up (I made plates for where to new body mounts will bolt) Nick said not to mind the shitty welds since apparently his whip won't feed right and is a cheap piece of shit. Uhhh, I started making templates for the bracket needed for the clutch slave cylinder. Need to find a new steering shaft to modify, since my 03 one was very much seized.

I'm sure I'll think of more to update when I'm not tired.

Oh and my 04 Mustang rear rims don't fit at all. Guess you can't run 04 10.5" rims on mod boxes. Now I've got a great excuse to get rid of the FR500s

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Don't fit? You have a 70's hot rod look going there!
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Fender flares.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                                Fender flares.
                                wide that body!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X