Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah, all my stuff runs on electrosity.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well here's the update.

Mocked up the cross over, mounted the alternator (Made my own bracket) need to find a foxbody powersteering pump bracket (Identical to the one Thain posted). I put the real turbo on (GT45) it's about 15lbs heavier than the small one that was on it.
      Raised the radiator support up (took 3" out of the whale mount.) Made the lower radiator hose, put a different thermostat housing on an a foxbody upper radiator hose.

I also made the core support cover. Got sick of the shitty looking factory core support so I went to the metal yard today and bought some sheet metal for some things. It's got farther to go, but I love it already.

Blow off valve, intercooler piping, down pipe and oil feed/drain are the next steps.

Then engine replacement and injectors. Thereby the start to final assembly.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Whoa...........that's a lot of work!!! Gonna be something when it's up and running

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          Whoa...........that's a lot of work!!! Gonna be something when it's up and running
          Yup.
          Probably broken again.
          Or another blown T-5.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I like the idea of the core support cover. Ive contemplated multiple times bringing home a few of those plastic aero/whale covers and making something happen. Always bailed out though after a test fit proved unsuccessful.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah I would like a cover plate on mine too. Lincolns have a lot of space up there, so it would make a perfect tool shelf in addition to hiding all that ugly shit that lives below it. Would also keep me from losing sockets in the damn rad support or between the radiator and condensor on the regular.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Pure awsomeness

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

For the core support cover, I'd make a template out of cardboard, and then have that laser cut out of aluminum sheet.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    For the core support cover, I'd make a template out of cardboard, and then have that laser cut out of aluminum sheet.
                    When I was at Logan Steel, I decided to get steel instead of aluminum. Since aluminum will need to be polished and get dinged up easy. Steel, I can just repaint. It is a driver, after all.

Got tired of not having a proper tool shelf, since It's a yearly endeavor to massively change the car.

Picked up a powersteering bracket set and pump tonight. Now working on stripping my donor motor and will probably pull the rotating assembly out of it tomorrow night. Then pull the motor out of my car.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I was thinking powdercoated or painted panels as well. Never been much a fan of shiny things under the hood of cars that actually get driven. Too much bother to maintain it, time that could be better spent driving.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        I was thinking powdercoated or painted panels as well. Never been much a fan of shiny things under the hood of cars that actually get driven. Too much bother to maintain it, time that could be better spent driving.

I may just bedline it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

For duty as a tool tray that actually makes good sense.

Comment

Powdercoated aluminum. So when it gets scratched it doesn't rust. .

Even I wouldn't polish it in this application.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Well since I haven't updated it, in sometime now.

It runs, spins the turbski and pushes air. Currently in the process of modifying the transmission mount for my new transmission. Then I'm going to need my driveshaft modified and a new flywheel/clutch.

I cleaned up the engine bay wiring again, all wires now come from the back of the engine and into the valley. I always hated the look of shotty wiring dangling off the sides of the engine. Fuel lines have also been moved back, so that they don't hang off the side of the engine as well. I've mainly been focusing on all of the custom fabrication that needs to be done. Crossmember needed some very heavy modifications, maybe I'll post some pictures when I'm done. Waiting on Vbands and piping for my turbo down pipe. I also order some Polyurethane resin and will be trying my hand at pouring my own rear control arm poly bushings, after getting dicked over by CHE. I've also been putting a lot of time into details with the car, since I'm not in a big rush to get it driving, like in years past.
                              Realistically I won't be able to drive the car much, when I'm away and working this year. So maybe that'll allow me to tinker on it, instead of overlooking problems and letting them get worse and worse. Probably won't ever be the daily driver again. But would like it to have all the comforts and reliability of one.

I need to get the radiator top mounts figured out, intercooler piping, wrap all of the exhaust, fix and paint my lightning upper intake, swap out the fuel pump, finish the crossmember, patch up the trans tunnel and utilize a stock foxbody shifter lower boot, sort out the hydraulic slave cylinder for my clutch on the new transmission.

That short list doesn't include the body work for the roof, figuring out what the issue is, if there is one; with my rear diff, the entire interior and lack of seats. Cutting a hole in a hood, preferably not my factory white one.
                              __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Pics of the tuck of the wires?

Comment

Working...
                                X