No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just so long as you don't sell your reliable car and force yourself into a situation where the project car is the only vehicle.

Did they mic out the crank and the bores for you? Now is the time to know that the holes are in spec before you get too far along with all this.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      just so long as you don't sell your reliable car and force yourself into a situation where the project car is the only vehicle.
      I can't stress how important this is. Don't be a fool like me and turn all your vehicles into project vehicles.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

i'm pretty sure i have big brake spindles in my hoard.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yea when you do that you get frustrated and go buy the newest panther you can find

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            Did they mic out the crank and the bores for you? Now is the time to know that the holes are in spec before you get too far along with all this.
            They did not, they only did what I told them to do. I was going to have them hone it but the price was 120$ due to it having to be dipped there after. Thing is that there's still old hone marks on the cylinders and me and Nick decided we'll just do a quick hone on it and that'll be sufficient.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
            I can't stress how important this is. Don't be a fool like me and turn all your vehicles into project vehicles.
            Too late.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              If you do this... have at least 2 running at all times... preferably 3.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So I've got a little question here and I'll toss some backstory in for the lols.

I never use A/C and I'm not a big fan of it; makes me car sick occasionally. I've been thinking of putting the A/C on the new engine when I put it in just for the lols and to have it there if I ever need it, y'know. Incase I got a honey in the car and she wants some cool breeze that's not coming through those huge windows. Now asfar as that goes, how might a proper fellow like myself go about converting my system to R134(If that's even the right letters). Doing this because the older refrigerant is expensive to recharge with. Shall I use my old compressor and just call it good? Or uh yeah.

Side note..

Engine is unbolted from tranny, I took off all the electrical and vacum lines, carefully labeling all of the electrical. I'm planning on putting in MSD ignition when I do finally get the 351 in (Distributor,cap,wires,box and so on.) I'm also starting to look at good shift kits, I want something firm that shifts like a manual (I don't care about "discomfort"), making my AOD a bit more fun before I do a 5 speed swap.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Use your old compressor, but install new o-rings made for the 134a. Also would probably be a good idea to replace the dryer/accumulator, and a new orifice tube. You must not get the humidity we get down here, without A/C at times, the windows will get so fogged up you can't see. I had major problems before i got my system working again.

Oh also, do you have the correct bracket for the A/C. They are different for the 351

I can't vouch for the other shift kits, but I was extremely impressed with my baumann shift kit.
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                    Use your old compressor, but install new o-rings made for the 134a. Also would probably be a good idea to replace the dryer/accumulator, and a new orifice tube. You must not get the humidity we get down here, without A/C at times, the windows will get so fogged up you can't see. I had major problems before i got my system working again.

Oh also, do you have the correct bracket for the A/C. They are different for the 351

I can't vouch for the other shift kits, but I was extremely impressed with my baumann shift kit.
                    Well if it doesnt work on the 351 then I guess no A/C, figured if I had the parts I'd do it.

Nick said his towncar used to have a Baumann kit..

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                      Incase I got a honey in the car and she wants some cool breeze that's not coming through those huge windows.
                      Don't you mean Phil?

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	398231_10151577332485392_1748236170_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1276310

Paint me like one of your french models, and give me an air conditioned cabin in your tudor.
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                            Don't you mean Phil?

-ryan s.
                            Shit. You got me.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]40874[/ATTACH]

Paint me like one of your french models, and give me an air conditioned cabin in your tudor.
                            Mother of god. You've got too much time on your hands.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Name:	nLB-muh.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1276314

Totally thread jacking...last post. continue on
                              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Well here's some other eye candy, I'm sure y'all are having a hard time peeling your eyes from the screen after what Phil posted.. Anyhow.

Wanted to roll it outside and turn it around so I can easily get the engine out and then just roll it forwards and powerwash it, when need be.

Everything is apart, trans is disconnected and all, just waiting on motor mounts meow.

Name:	photo 2 (12).jpg
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1276315Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (13).jpg
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1276316Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 (9).jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1276317Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4 (5).jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1276318Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5 (1).jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1276319Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (8).jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1276320

Oh! Also found out the nice youngster who owned the car before me decided to merely use water to cool the car, since a hose was leaking. Neglected to fix the problem but decided to just keep refilling it instead. Well! The engine drained some nasty water out when I took the radiator out. I tried to flush the radiator yesterday and some water which looked like mud came out. The overflow was also filled with a rusty mess of clogged up water. It was awesome!
                                Last edited by Bobcat; 09-08-2014, 08:33 PM.
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X