No announcement yet.

Derek's 1988 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can check the manufacturing date of the tire that de-treaded Derek. Post some pics of the numbers on the side wall.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Forgot to upload pics of the new meats.. Kinda miss the white walls..
      Oh, gadget, VCV and I were talking about how my EEC-IV harness lacks that stand alone wire.. here are some pics of that.

See that one slot with the two wires going into the single slot? IIRC, that's the one I have to jump in order to pull codes and do the system test stuff with the MT2500. I have to jump it to the STI input on the MT2500 that is. There are no split wires coming from that loom and I can't see if it's tucked up anywhere...

Sent with my phonic while eating biscuits & mustard with French-fried taters mm-hmm.
      Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 03-30-2017, 07:31 AM.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
        I love your townie, but I just never find the right one around here. Really like that '80 with the 351 that Vic put on the shoutbox. Really like the Mk VI body style, and that 351 could simply become a 408, ideally fuel-injected too. I dunno, love my big, luxurious cars, but these ones just don't quite have enough oomph to get me off. May get by to see the car this weekend and if I do, will grab that EGR spacer for you Derek.
        Thank you sir. I like it a lot too. Every time I get behind the wheel I'm reminded of that and just don't see myself selling it despite the itch to drive other things. I would love a Mark IV with SEFI and non common ground audio set-up. Better yet though, a 1981 Townie 2 door. Grab and ship that damn spacer already. I need to get it over to gadget.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
        ...The 90 is wearing 1994 Michelins and lets just say they scare me but hold air.
        Change them and change them now, seriously. I'll never mess around with old tires again. We had another delamination I'm about to share with you guys, on tires that had no rot to speak of but were just old. The vulcanizing process must give up the ghost after awhile. This time it caused suspension damage. We had already planned on new tires for that vehicle but happenstance said...

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        You can check the manufacturing date of the tire that de-treaded Derek. Post some pics of the numbers on the side wall.
        I don't know how I missed all these posts... Good thing I stopped by to post updates though. Too bad on those tires, they're already gone. Maybe I've got some older close ups where that date code is visible... I do have the other tires which recently delaminated from our F250.

Comment

Here's the most recent F U life threw at us LoL. Was a few weeks ago and the truck is all better now but here's what happened: tire delaminated, the tread stoved in the rocker and fender, ripped off the trim on said fender but wasn't done there. After that, it wrapped around the torque arm and ripped it right out of its socket. Yeah it's rusty but up close you could see the failure. So now, four new tires, better wheels, bushing kit and torque arm bracket later with alignment it's better, save for the body damage. Let this be another reminder to replace junk tires.

Sent with my phonic while eating biscuits & mustard with French-fried taters mm-hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            See that one slot with the two wires going into the single slot? IIRC, that's the one I have to jump in order to pull codes and do the system test stuff with the MT2500. I have to jump it to the STI input on the MT2500 that is. There are no split wires coming from that loom and I can't see if it's tucked up anywhere...

I've looked, there's nothing else there. Like gadget suggested, I think someone broke the single pin connector for the STI then shoved the wire in where you see it. Grab another STI single pin connector from the JY this weekend and put it back the way it's supposed to be.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

So the two wires aren't supposed to be together in there then?

Comment

Here's how it should look:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	eec-iv_testing2.gif
Views:	1
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	1281541

I'm not sure what wires should be which color, but if the pin with two wires seems to be your STI that would mean that the fuel pump trigger is in the wrong place as well. More evidence that someone dicked with it at some point.
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Hmm, well according to your schematic only one wire should be going in there, the fuel pump. I'll have to bust my manuals out later to see what they say too.

Comment

The red lines are just label arrows, no implication of the number of wires going to the pins just a connector end view with pin function labels.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Holy crap!!! You're lucky you got away with just that damage. Good luck getting it repaired. Wow that's pretty alarming.
                      -Nick M.
                      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Truck is a beater truck, so that damage adds to it's patina haha. I have fenders and a hood for it already but those will go to the new owner when we sell it later this year or next.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                          Truck is a beater truck, so that damage adds to it's patina haha. I have fenders and a hood for it already but those will go to the new owner when we sell it later this year or next.
                          What year pickup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

1992. We'd keep it if it was an '87-'91

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marti Report - 1988 Town Car.png
Views:	1
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	1281956

My car's Marti report! Too bad they didn't have the window sticker available. Looks like my exterior/interior color combo is quite rare. I've never seen another one.

Comment

So it was special ordered by someone. Cool.
                                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X