Derek's 1988 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    Well-deserving of POTM I'd say. My car will never be that clean. It looks pretty good at a distance though... Ash's car is pretty damn nice too. A match made in heaven, or somewhere, you two are...
    Thank you kindly my man! This thing is too clean for me, it's hands down the nicest car I've ever had, I'm not worthy! Ashley is a great catch, that's for sure! She's the reason why I sold my Colorado and started driving old school stuff once again

Here's before and after pics of the new exhaust job, still getting used to the mellow rumble of the turbo mufflers..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0984.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1277768Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1014.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1277769
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

No broken door panels or warped glove box lid. Wow. NICE car
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
        Aye aye!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42969[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42970[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42971[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42972[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42973[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42974[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42975[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42976[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42977[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42978[/ATTACH]
        Man, those pics came out great. Interior looks mint.
        1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Thank you kindly my man! This thing is too clean for me, it's hands down the nicest car I've ever had, I'm not worthy! Ashley is a great catch, that's for sure! She's the reason why I sold my Colorado and started driving old school stuff once again

Here's before and after pics of the new exhaust job, still getting used to the mellow rumble of the turbo mufflers..
          Thanks Knucklehead! Took some pics over the weekend as well and can't wait to upload those. I couldn't stop looking at them all weekend. Haha.
          Derek, me glad you thinks so! I'm glad I could inspire. Lol.

And I'm so jealous of that exhaust. I still have that ugly pipe sticking out on mine..
          1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
            No broken door panels or warped glove box lid. Wow. NICE car
            Thanks dude! I've noticed warped lids at the yards and now I'm wondering if I should take my dash pad & glovebox door off, stash them and put junkyard pieces on until I get garage space for the thing.

Inspire me you did Ash! It's a lot tougher trying to be like everyone else but ever since I started to let go of the status quo I'm finding my own hobbies & passions to be much more comfortable, I no longer care if what I do or if what I'm into is good enough for some other crowd. Boston's song, "Piece of Mind" is playing in my head right now.

Comment

Get a room.....

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Get a room.....

LoL!

Once we tint the windows on our Lincoln Mk.TC's we'll have two rooms with wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyTheGreat View Post
                  And I'm so jealous of that exhaust. I still have that ugly pipe sticking out on mine..
                  Cut it off flush with the bumper. And just have a shop weld in pipe where the muffler was. It'll have a nice low rumble and be real cheap to have done. That's what I have done to my TC, except duals, and it's not loud at all.
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                    Cut it off flush with the bumper. And just have a shop weld in pipe where the muffler was. It'll have a nice low rumble and be real cheap to have done. That's what I have done to my TC, except duals, and it's not loud at all.
                    I might just see about having that done when we get the other car out of the shop. I don't roll in the dough like Derek to get it replaced like his. Lol.
                    1989 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Been a moment since I posted in my car's thread but I'm thinking instead of making new threads for updates/questions about it I'll start posting them here.. A while back I nabbed a nasty HO upper from a Mark VII. Spent a lot of time stripping it & removing the EGR spacer & TB which were stuck on there, had to destroy them to get 'em off. I'm almost ready to paint the sucker and then throw it on along with my Lightning EGR spacer & TB but I figure while I'm there why not put 1.7 rockers on it? Can someone tell me if it's worth doing and if it will need a tune or will run goofy (like hesitate, bog ect) if I do the mods? Have you done the same thing? What was the result? Also, if anyone has an HO EGR spacer & throttle body that's already set-up for panthers they'd like to sell please let me know. Also, I need studs for the intake as those also had to be sacrificed.

Comment

Some pics of the barge while it visited southern Florida at the beginning of February:

Click image for larger version

Name:	At Fort Lauderdale (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1279005Click image for larger version

Name:	At Fort Lauderdale (2).jpg
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1279006Click image for larger version

Name:	At Fort Lauderdale (3).jpg
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1279007

Sporting winter wheels & tires while it was 80 degrees! Was a great ride down there, was able to get over 330 miles to tank of gas -with gas standing in the filler neck that is!

Comment

Some pics of the barge while it visited southern Florida at the beginning of February:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44655[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44656[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44657[/ATTACH]

Sporting winter wheels & tires while it was 80 degrees! Was a great ride down there, was able to get over 330 miles to tank of gas -with gas standing in the filler neck that is!
                          330 MPT is very good! I was able to consistently hit 315 in my '88 Country Squire and '89 MGM. That was with a 30 mile drive to work on open country roads with little traffic and few stops.
                          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Been a moment since I posted in my car's thread but I'm thinking instead of making new threads for updates/questions about it I'll start posting them here.. A while back I nabbed a nasty HO upper from a Mark VII. Spent a lot of time stripping it & removing the EGR spacer & TB which were stuck on there, had to destroy them to get 'em off. I'm almost ready to paint the sucker and then throw it on along with my Lightning EGR spacer & TB but I figure while I'm there why not put 1.7 rockers on it? Can someone tell me if it's worth doing and if it will need a tune or will run goofy (like hesitate, bog ect) if I do the mods? Have you done the same thing? What was the result? Also, if anyone has an HO EGR spacer & throttle body that's already set-up for panthers they'd like to sell please let me know. Also, I need studs for the intake as those also had to be sacrificed.
                            If you can snag a cheap set of 1.7 rockers I'd say it's worth doing. You won't get a night and day power difference but you will notice the difference in how it sounds and feels. May need different-length pushrods is the only downside but there is a brand that makes the 1.7 rockers with adjustable pushrod cups, don't recall which ones they are. Shouldn't have any trouble with how it runs.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                              330 MPT is very good! I was able to consistently hit 315 in my '88 Country Squire and '89 MGM. That was with a 30 mile drive to work on open country roads with little traffic and few stops.
                              Wow, sounds like those would do much better than my car did. That 330+ was mostly interstate at 75mph, was around 16mpg which is far from the 20 I was getting when I first bought it. Maybe the winter blend gas + winter tires is affecting that number.

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                              If you can snag a cheap set of 1.7 rockers I'd say it's worth doing. You won't get a night and day power difference but you will notice the difference in how it sounds and feels. May need different-length pushrods is the only downside but there is a brand that makes the 1.7 rockers with adjustable pushrod cups, don't recall which ones they are. Shouldn't have any trouble with how it runs.
                              Thanks Mr. Khead! Good to know. I'll do some digging but if there's a preferred combination of rockers & pushrods then I'll buy those. After the failed GT40 intake swap I wanted the shop to replace all the lifters & rockers to get rid of the valve train noise but they only replaced 2 rockers as they didn't believe anything else was bad. Well I got back from Florida, changed the oil and now it's tapping to beat the band on start-up. Goes away when warm but when cold it's bad, although this morning it was like it was before any work was done.

Comment

Looks good with the tinted windows. Wish we could tint our front windows here!

Comment

Working...
                                X