No announcement yet.

2002 Grand Marquis LSE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fuel gauge has been acting funky for about a month now. Above half a tank it's just fine, below half a tank something weird is going on. When you first turn the key on the needle goes all the way to full and will drop very slowly as you drive. If you shut the key off and turn it back on a second time the needle will go to the correct level but will slowly rise and fall about 1/8" as the car runs. It only does this below half a tank, above half a tank everything is normal. Any ideas?
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Knock on wood but I think I fixed it. I found a few users with similar issues on CVN. I pulled the instrument panel fuse for a few minutes and disconnected the battery for 15 minutes. It’s been two days now and I believe it’s back to normal.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

​

Comment

Sounds like an anti-slosh issue then. But in a way that the older cars just can't manage because they don't have any kind of memory. Interesting.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I committed the ultimate sin today. I converted the Grand Marquis RAS to coil springs.

Ever since I got rear ended at approximately last June it’s been giving me issues. Every half hour like clockwork the air suspension light comes on and it stops working. I’ve literally replaced everything but the RAS module and the wiring.

A month ago it started leaking down about an inch over night. So I said to hell with it and ordered a set of made in USA coil springs that ended up costing me 1/3 of what two Arnott air springs would’ve been.

I really like the RAS and I even unconverted the ‘01 TC I bought that had been converted to coils, but in this case I think I made the right choice.

It’s becoming a bit of a shell of an LSE, no more variable power steering, no more RAS. But it’s my daily and I have to do what I have to do.

​

Comment

I bought my 02 LSE HPP quite a few years ago- to replace my rusty 2000 LS HPP... bought it from florida, for a winter car, but it was so mint, couldnt bare to salt it the first time, so it sat the first 3 winters out, then I drove it two, and its sat at work the past several years... youngest son is 16, wanted to fix it up, so getting it going again- ive had it licensed/insured but only drove it a couple days a year to run gas out and refill. couple weeks ago, got tires, put spare wheels on to polish the lips/black out the centers, drove it home tonight, might get the pressure washer out this week to blow the rest of the paint off- already bought the paint supplies, just gotta get going on it- last year drove it thru the carwash, blew paint off all over the car! felt bad, looked like eggshells all over the carwash- knew there were a few rust spots here and there, but was surprised the paint came off in sheets.
            anyways, heres pics of my old 2000 and the 2002 back when I got it- quite a ugly comparison from ohio/florida...https://flic.kr/s/aHsk2pfRQJ this car was absolutely rustfree when I got it...still super nice rust-wise as its been oil sprayed, but salt ruins everything...

Comment

It is sad to see what the rust does to our cars. It is a constant task to keep the rust under control.

Comment

Nice wheels!

I am partial to them

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8558.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.26 MB ID:	1399208

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6518.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	1399209
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Nice wheels!

I am partial to them

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_8558.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.26 MB ID:	1399208

Name:	IMG_6518.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	1399209
                  deja-vu
                  yep those look familiar- wish I would have seen yours before- I hem-hawed around about it forever, and really didnt want to strip centers if I didnt like it...seeing yours woulda had me trying it sooner
                  .these are my favorite 'big car' wheels, found a cheep set on ebay for our 65 back in 2004, theyre a super snug fit in my lathe, in a 4 jaw if over .02 off center, cant spin the chuck, makes tramming them in touchy LOL... the ones on the galaxie i got for only 100 bucks because they looked so horrible, takes a few hours to strip and polish, but think they turned out ok...

good thing is having the extra set off the 2000 merc that got recycled, been able to swap/paint/etc... need to polish two more for full size spares for the gal and the marq

Name:	52431925086_1671b359f4_o.png
Views:	24
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	1399216

Attached Files

Comment

I had sent mine off to the powercoating shop to get redone.

I literally do everything I can myself but I did not have the proper chemicals to dip and strip the wheels. I do powder coat though!

Stripped, powdered black centers, machined lip and then fully powdered in clear. I was happy with how they turned. Better than I could have done.

They are neat looking wheels, especially when jazzed up a touch.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Mine would need a complete media blast and a few bits filled and refinished. But since they still work fine, I'm just gonna leave them be. That beater life.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                      X