X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    Phenomenal! This has resolved my issue!

Thank you guys a bunch!
    LOL, mine too. I corrected mine over the weekend after reading those 2 posts. I had a squeak coming from the font after replacing body parts including the hood after the deer hit.
    Standing at the front of the car I bounced the front and could reproduce the squeak. Popped the hood and it went away, so I made some adjustments and good now.

Mileage-wise, my '98 is catching up to yours. It won't be long before I pass you though. :/ Such is the life of a DD though.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
      Phenomenal! This has resolved my issue!

Thank you guys a bunch!
      Glad to help. Tore my hair out trying to figure it out thought I'd save you a bit of grief although it sounds like it beat you up a bit already.

Comment

Still have this car, and its sitting at about 130K miles. I did the ball joints and a 4 wheel brake job last Saturday morning. The BJs were still good, but the boots kept rotting. This is the third time that AC Delco Gold BJs have done this to me, so I went with MOOG problem solvers. They have mixed reviews, but I question where there is anything better out there anymore.

Basic maintenance, has returned tried and true reliability. I do have this really strange popping coming from underneath the car. It is an intermittent noise, most heard when the car is "racked" pulling onto an unlevel surface with the wheels turned. It sounds like the slop in the tails shaft bushing, but it seems that is a very uncommon issue, and the the slop I feel there is not accompanied by a leak or any vibration. Wondering if it is the u joints as it seems to come from the front at times, and the rear at other times.

I am going to service the diff in the next couple of weeks, so I am thinking I'll get some u joints on order and change them preemptively.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
        X