No announcement yet.

My 79 LTD 2dr - 351W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a pic of kind of what the dash will look like. The main difference mine will have the tach and speedometer in the dash. And if I add the cage the crossbar and uprights will be behind the dash.

Last edited by Fordman75; 03-15-2006, 08:38 PM.

Comment

! WOOOOOWWWW ! AWESOME MANG I HAVE NO WORD TO DESCRIBE THAT :worship:--!OHHHHH TEEED!

ATT, SNIPER 308. MASTER OF DARKNESS
      MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

I haven't been able to work on the car much this week. But today I removed both of the heater/AC units, the ebrake pedal assembly, hood realease cable assembly, both front seats, the door sill plates and got the front half of the carpet pulled up. Now if I can ever afford a sheet of aluminum I can get started on the dash.

Here's the worst of the rust I've found so far. The rocker and upright are rotted really bad. The driverside floor seems solid but I won't know for sure until I get all the asphalt sound deadner removed and the seam sealer pulled up. The passenger side front floor has rust holes at the front seam where it meets the toe board.

Last edited by Fordman75; 03-17-2006, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Ouch, I hope you're good at repairing rust
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

:hacksaw: :hacksaw: :welder: :welder: :welder: I guess I'll find out when I start fixing it.
            Last edited by Fordman75; 03-17-2006, 08:10 PM.

Comment

:geek2:

Was that car dipped in a salt/acid mix at some point in its life? That is some major cancer there. Good luck fixing it.
              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Damn that is a good amount of rust but not too bad for being 27 years old and a Minniesota car. My uncle has had cars in way worse shape then that aren't as old. My uncle, grandma, and brother all live up in the twin cities.
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

The way this area is rusted I'd say a hole rusted thru the bottom first and then all the dirt/salt/water got kicked up into this area and just rotted it out.

I'm not worried about it. It's in better shape then I was expecting. There aren't any huge gapping holes in the floor pans(so far ) . Since the car has a full frame it makes the rust repairs easier. And since this is basically going to race car/cruiser it doesn't have to be repaired perfect(as far as looks go ).

I've had many cars and trucks that were a lot rustier then this one. It's a way of life in Minnesota. The cars rust and rust badly.

My biggest problem is I don't have a welder right now. I've got a plasma cutter but I had to sell my welder a while back. So I need to pick up a cheap welder before I can do the repairs. When I do get a welder I'm going to wear it out! With all the holes I need to weld up on this car(just look at that swiss cheese firewall!! ). I've got a lot of patch panels to make and a lot of welding to do!!:welder: :welder: :welder: :welder: :welder: :welder: :welder:

Comment

Good job!

So much cleaner under there, now!!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks, I'm still surprised at how much crap they can pack behind the dash!:nonono:

Last edited by Fordman75; 03-18-2006, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Yeah, and it just gets worse with us EFI guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                          Yeah, and it just gets worse with us EFI guys.

And there's even more crap if you have a 90-91. Fuckin' airbags. :nonono:
                          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I'm going to take things even a step farther. I'm going to replace the rear window and rear 1/4 windows with lexan.

Comment

!Woooooowwww! you have to work hard with that rust Mang. best of wishes to fix it.

ATT, SNIPER 308.FAREWELL BLACKHAWK-P74 INTERCEPTOR I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU MANG
                              MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

nice project,,,have you done anything to it lately? check out mine sometime

Comment

Working...
                                X