No announcement yet.

My 79 LTD 2dr - 351W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to be adding either a 1" or 2" carb spacer depending on how much room I've got under my hoodscoop.

Comment

here is a pic of what mine looks like under the new floor minus the mock up tank
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chevyguy
        You wanna see rust??

Dragging cars out of the midwest aint good pickins
        Try looking for a solid old car in the Buffalo, NY area. Its virtually impossible unless the guy took it off the road every winter. Cars turn white in the winter, they use so much fucking salt. Gets into everything.

Nice car, I didn't know that body style ever came with a 351 besides the cop cars. Thought they were all 302's.
        1995 Grand Marquis LS, digi dash, loaded
        124,000 miles

Mods:99 PI steering gear, harsh rear IAS shocks, front KYB gas adjusts, HPP rims with Bridgestone Potenza G009's, Walker dual exhaust with direct fit Magnaflow cats

Comment

'79-'81 you could order any full size Ford, Merc or Lincoln with a 351.
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Chachi Thanks for the pics. That's pretty close to what I was thinking of going with. It looks like you are running an old Mustang gas tank. I'm going to be running a fuel cell in the trunk.

MrBear the few 79's I've run across across have all been 351's. The 302 was the base engine in 79. In 80 or 81 they started using the 4.2L V8 as a base engine for a year or two. My old 81 2dr was the worthless 255 V8.

Comment

A 255 V-8??? Never heard of that one. Sounds like the Ford equivilent to the worthless Olds 260 and Chevy 267 V-8's they used to put in some of the later 70's B bodies...lol....Or worse, the 231 V-6....what a pig that was in a B body. Did Ford ever offer a V-6 in its full size cars back then??
              1995 Grand Marquis LS, digi dash, loaded
              124,000 miles

Mods:99 PI steering gear, harsh rear IAS shocks, front KYB gas adjusts, HPP rims with Bridgestone Potenza G009's, Walker dual exhaust with direct fit Magnaflow cats

Comment

Nope, Ford was never that stupid.

Comment

Just thought I'd post a couple pics of my inspiration for this LTD.

Last edited by Fordman75; 02-28-2006, 11:02 PM.

Comment

For the past week I've been working on the LTD an hour or so everyday. The more I dig into the engine the more I'm thinking I'm going to swap in my other rebuilt 351W. Instead of swapping the 4V intake onto the motor that's in the car I'm going to put it on my rebuilt engine.

I'm going to leave the original engine in to get the intake/carb/scoopp and the full length headers mocked up.

I pulled the header panel and the front bumper off the body. I think I'm going to replace the header panel. It's got a large crack and one of the mounting stud bosses is broke off. I found a complete 79 header panel with grill and parking lights for $150.00. So if they still have it when I get the $$ I'll probably just pick up that one instead of trying to fix mine.

Last edited by Fordman75; 03-08-2006, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Probably better off with a fresh motor, that way you know what kind of shape its in. Would really suck to put all that work into something and find out the motor isn't in the best condition.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's what I thought. And I think I'll pull the heads off the fresh motor and do a little porting(ok a lot ).

Comment

The faster the better :evil:
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I really hope you you the faster the car the better. Because the engine swap and head porting will add quite a bit of time to me getting the project done.:cry: But my ported early Windsor heads should outflow ported E7 heads!!

And on another point does anyone know why there is a bumper inside my bumper? I'm trying to decide what I want to do for the Bumpers. My rear bumper is crap.

Comment

I pulled the ds front fender and guess what I found more rust!!:jawdrop:

Comment

will grill and parking lights you say??? wanna part with the 2nd set of clear lenses???
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X