Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have two crappy vids from the track. And when I say crappy I mean crappy. Nothing really happened on these and that's all my roommate cared to get in the 95% + humidity 100+ degree weather. Kind of sucks because if he had gotten almost any other laps I would have been passing someone. I only had to let one person pass on the front strait the entire weekend besides the ones in the video. The first one where I was passed by the Porsche and Lotus Exige I was on my cool down lap from overheating the brakes. But oh well, maybe next time I'll have some decent footage. I need to get someone with an in car camera to follow me.

86 Crown Victoria at VIR on the front strait.
    Yes, a 225hp Crown Vic got owned in the
    front strait by an Exige and Cayman S.
    Was a blast though, not many people expected
    it to be on the track let alone get passed by it.

86 Crown Victoria at VIR on the front strait.
    Did very well, and had no problem pulling in
    the turns, however my 225hp and 4000lbs
    don't have much for supercharged minis in a strait.

Comment

What seats are those again? Look real nice in there, and surprisingly not out of place.

Edit: never mind, didn't see there's another page to this thread
      Last edited by Guest; 08-11-2007, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I was waiting for you to post these vids. I saw them a few days ago on streetfire. So a Lotus Exige (or whatever it is called) passed you, big deal! How much money have you put into your SVT CV? Take that money and multiply it by at least 10 and then you get what they spent on their cars; that most of them don't work on themselves. Though I haven't been to any of these types of races so I guess I can't say that most of the new cars aren't worked on by their owners. I'd have to visit the pits in person to say that. If you added to your budget what these guys spend on their cars your SVT CV would be passing them lap after lap. Bro, your car sounds kinda wicked; almost as wicked as mrltd's wagon. Good job Blaze!!!!

Packman

Comment

I'm not bothered by them having enough power to pass me, it's that for most of the weekend I was passing them, my camera man just happened to take a couple of particularly crummy laps.

Comment

Being that this is basically a track vehicle now and you're overheating your brakes, are you planning on doing the big brake conversion ASAP or are you just going to deal with it for now and put it off till later?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I didn't kill the brakes or anything. And it was the first day on them. I brutalized the brakes the second day and they did awesome. Normally I have enough time to do a good break in. Supposed to heat them up till you feel them getting mushy and starting to fade. Then let them cool for 48 hours.

Comment

Very nice. I checked out the chronicle on cardomain too. That shifter is very sweet. One must love the tall stick with a white knob.

Is the column shifter still hanging out there, or have you removed that?
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

No, I haven't had time to deal with that yet.

Comment

Well haven't posted an update in a while but here goes.

Installed some Pilot driving lights that turned out great. Just as bright as normal head lights but they are focused ahead and not toward so spread so other drivers I am sure appreciate that.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I also installed a full set of Tokico HP Blues shocks on the Vic. Everything went smooth and simple. Results are pretty good. As compared to a stock or OEM replacement I'm sure it's a pretty good upgrade. It does alright on the track as well (though obviously I'd want stiffer). But for $160 for the whole set I seriously doubt you will find a better quality, better performing set of shocks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

And for the last one for now, I went to the track again at VIR. Everything went ok, tried some Hawk HP+ pads and I am sold! They are too good for my street wheels/tires (17X9 with 275/40 tires). I locked them up without even trying at 85mph today. They were awesome on the track with the R-compound slicks though.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Damn that thing looks good. Touch up that grille! lol I love the action shots.
                          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I love it with the HPP's on it. Makes me wanna snag a set lol.

Sweet pics, btw...
                            1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                            1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                            1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
                              And for the last one for now, I went to the track again at VIR. Everything went ok, tried some Hawk HP+ pads and I am sold! They are too good for my street wheels/tires (17X9 with 275/40 tires). I locked them up without even trying at 85mph today. They were awesome on the track with the R-compound slicks though.
                              Great pics! Looks like you were hanging right with the red Mustang in a couple of the shots?
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

those aren't HPP's... but yes lookin good
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X