Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Any chance I could get a copy of the high-res versions of those?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I've got to e-mail the poeple who took them to get the high res, wich I definitely will on those and these. A few more have popped up so here they are.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice Pics!
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

whoever took those pics know what they're doing.

i was looking through some threads and i think i found a good lil reminder of the shit you had to go through

Glad that car is still here!
          Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

Haha....ahhhh....oh the collection of not so fond memories there. I've had flawless success with a free unknown condition trans, more than I could say bout the one that cost me over $1500.

But indeed it is still here and still getting attention.

Comment

It's been a while I know, but I finally got around to doing a rear disc conversion on the Vic. I got the setup from a 94 Vic in the parts yard. I used new police model calipers (metal piston vs phenolic for civi model), new R1 Concepts plated-drilled-slotted rotors for some nice show (I'm fully aware they don't have any effect on braking performance), and some ATE pads. I hadn't realized it before hand, but all the parts are made by ATE for Ford, so the whole setup is an ATE setup except the rotors. To hook them up to the existing brake lines, I used new front brake hoses for an 86 Crown Vic (had to do a little grinding on the caliper end), and changed the banjo bolt to a metric one for the calipers. So all I had to do for brake lines, was re-bend the ends of mine to a different location a hook the hoses up. Well, on with the pics.

Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 02-06-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

You still utilizing the emergency brakes? If so how did you go about mating that up with the rest of the car?
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  You still utilizing the emergency brakes? If so how did you go about mating that up with the rest of the car?
                  Not yet, I'll be a little longer on that because I'm going to get rid of the parking brake pedal, and go with a hand brake setup.

Comment

ahh awesome. I was just curious because that was the only part of the conversion that was never really clear.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you use the later style parking brake cables to the rear, and couple it to the original cable from the pedal. One is a bit long, so it ends up getting cut down and looped over with cable clamps, and a turnbuckle installed to get the proper adjustment. There may be a better way, but thats how mine is hooked up. It works. if the whole original pedal setup is going in the bin, then you're pretty well free to do whatever you'd like.

Looks good. How do you like the ATE pads?
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

nice work blaze, im interested to see this hand brake setup you speak of

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                          nice work blaze, im interested to see this hand brake setup you speak of
                          Make that two of us!

I've often thought a handbrake would be a nice improvement over the unreliable parking brake pedal arrangement. It should be very easy to do if you put it over to the left of the seat like on an old Ferrari or something. Putting it in the middle, I would think, would be a good bit more involved.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'll be putting it in the middle, on the right side of the tunnel, angled towards me. It won't work with bench seats, but that's not really a problem for me now. I plan to be using it for drifting, so that's why I want it on the right side of me (one hand on the wheel at all times).

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              Looks good. How do you like the ATE pads?
                              I'll have to get back to you one that. I did a quick bleed job on the brakes, but I'm waiting on weather to clear up so I can do it right and officially be finished.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                                Make that two of us!
                                It should be very easy to do if you put it over to the left of the seat like on an old Ferrari or something.
                                is there enough room? Know waht, I'll just measure, might try to tackle that (but I'll let blaze do it first ) I like my bench seats too much.
                                Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                                New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                X