Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh.. then nice job.
    LTD is still here

Comment

Been a while since I updated, but for now I'll just post the big one. NEW WHEELS AND TIRES!!! 17X9 on all four corners with 275/40 tires! Enjoy the pics!
      Attached Files

Comment

all i can say is that looks sweet,

Comment

What's up with the exhaust, did you run it under the rear axle? And what is that Y-collector thing there for?

Comment

yea i was wondering my self..

Comment

There is no Y thingy. It's just an Impala SS tail pipe. Light is playing tricks on ya. And I also don't have the exhaust finished. The Impala tail pipes just end right there. So I think the thing you think is a Y piece is just the end of the exhaust. I need to get that finished but I can't find a smooth 2-1/2" turn down.

Comment

Put the Westerns back on
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
                  There is no Y thingy. It's just an Impala SS tail pipe. Light is playing tricks on ya. And I also don't have the exhaust finished. The Impala tail pipes just end right there. So I think the thing you think is a Y piece is just the end of the exhaust. I need to get that finished but I can't find a smooth 2-1/2" turn down.
                  Lmao, now that you mentioned it I can see it, gotta stare a little but the angle you took the pic at is really misleading.

Comment

Used to be, swaged 45 and 90 degree mandrel bends (as well as really nice plain stainless tips for cheap) could be had from JCWhitney's printed catalog. I bought some in 2.25" diameter a few years back, but haven't looked into their availability lately. I don't see swaged individual bends at Summit, but they've got a variety of non-swaged pieces from Dynomax if you don't mind welding them on. They want a lot for the individual bends, though, so from them it looks cheaper and easier to just get a U-bend such as PN 42322 and cut it in half and trim it however you like it.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'm really going to miss those beefy, white lettered, turbine-style wheels... but I'm sure this will suit you more...

They fill the fender wells perfect with it lowered too!
                      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

I like..

from the one picture id want to drop the nose maybe a 1/2inch - 1inch but the other pic from back to front looks like a good stance... IDK looks good tho

i wouldnt recommend it on any other car but it would be bitchin if it had angled side pipes the exited right at the rear door jam/quarter secton... looks good, need new centercaps tho.
                        1987 MGM 126K 2" True Duel flowmaster 40's 3" tipped exhuast, Tinted 20% all way round, individual bank A/F guages, tach.

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
                          Put the Westerns back on
                          Drive your ford more often

Oh yeah Johnnie, the car looks great!
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm affraid I have to agree with jeremy I like the turbines better

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                              I'm affraid I have to agree with jeremy I like the turbines better
                              .... which is precisely why someone needs to make a set of those in 16" or 17"!

Any takers? ....... Anyone?
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Looks pretty good, and I don't think the stance is bad at all, actually the rear would look good raised up a bit. It's probably the redneck in me, but I like RWD cars with a rake and taller, wider tires in the rear.
                                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                                X