Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Blaze!
    I have that same 1200* paint...I'm going to use it on my edelbrock intake.
    should I get some clearcoat, too?
    do you think 550* would be hot enough?
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
      Very nice Blaze!
      I have that same 1200* paint...I'm going to use it on my edelbrock intake.
      should I get some clearcoat, too?
      do you think 550* would be hot enough?
      The clear is smooth, so it will be easier to keep it clean. ALSO, when i painted it with the aluminum paint it looked pretty silvery. But when you put the clear coat on it makes the paint deeper and look more natural colored. For an intake 500 should be fine. Allow the paint to dry well.
      Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 02-02-2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I like your headers, too blaze...very cool!
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

WOW
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Goods good, I guess this would work on a carb'd manifold too.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Well I finished the alternator. Took a bit for the rear bearing to come in to NAPA. Used the same paint as on the intake, except I used flack on the generator portion. The two NAPA part numbers are for the Front bearing (the bottom box) and the rear bearing (top box) for a 65amp Alternator. I also managed to accidentally buy an aluminum alternator fan off eBay that I thought I just looked at. So that will be here this week as well. Should prevent the blades from bending again.

I know a lot of people are gonna ask why I didn't covert to the 3G. Well I have rewired my alternator before because I had a wire short on it, and afterwards I bought a new alternator from Advanced. When I tested it with a dead battery, it was putting out 135amps @ 2000rpm. Which is the same as a 3G. My wiring harness is good for the amperage since I redid it, and the bearings, paint, and the aluminum fan blade cost an amazing $40 as compared to $150+ for a 3G conversion. The bearings alone were only $15.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok so it all got back together this weekend. Cold as balls so not so many pics of the assembly and parts. But I took some pics once I got back home today. Looks nice all cleaned up, and runs great!
                Attached Files

Comment

And two close ups of the destroyed piston.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That dead piston would make a good paper weight for your desk.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Also make good pencil holders. I've got a few Oliver Super 88 diesel pistons I've done that with. Just take out the rings, polish 'em up, and turn 'em upside down.

I'm a regular Martha Stewart!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie
                        That dead piston would make a good paper weight for your desk.
                        And where do you think it's at? lol

It would be a little better if it were a honda piston, 4" piston is kind of a large paper weight.

Comment

glad to see it went ok john glad she's back on the road

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I used to have a set of Volkswagen pistons inside the cylinders that I used for storing nuts/bolts/etc. I tossed them when I moved tho, too much junk, not enough ambition to move it all.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

wow man awesome it was so fixable.....!!
                              Lookin so fresh n clean under there!!!
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Just washed the Vic a couple days ago so last night I went out and took some night pics. I pulled the best ones for posting. I was going to take some pics today since it was so clean, but a huge chuck of shit on the road came up and smashed my windshield on the way home.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X