Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one don't mind a harsh ride... I find that the weight takes a bit of that away...

And you are running dynomax muffs?
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Well, that video was with the exhaust open....but yeah I am, Super Turbos.

Comment

Just posted an update as well as updated a couple of the recent exterior pics. Enjoy, and thanks for lookin!

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
        Well around spring 06 I purchased a set of ceramic coated headers. 1-5/8" Primaries, 2-1/2" collector. I cleaned up the welds and then they collected dust for 6 months lol. But I finaly put them on and did a gasket match porting job before I did. I was not expecting much if any gain in power, but it has increased my RPM range to over 5400rpm, moving my current top speed (3rd gear) from 115mph to somewhere over 125mph. I am really shocked that it made such a difference.

Comment

Does it sound any better with the new headers?
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
            Does it sound any better with the new headers?
            A little, the difference is very subtle, but it does make it a little deeper and smoother. And a noticable bit louder with the exhaust open and high RPMs.

Comment

This was the beginning

That is one cool ride. I don't know what else to say or where to start except that is shweet. Six months ago after I realized that my ma's car has very little rust, I started thinking about working on it. I googled 87 CV and your car was listed in the top five at that time. After seeing the pictures and the videos (good job with the videos) I saw that the CV wouldn't be a bad project. Then my mom saw your videos and pretty much demanded that I do that to her car. She's been hooked on drag racing ever since I took her and my father to the local track a year ago. Now she's talking about getting some track time so I kinda have to work on her car. I'm glad to see that you have a good relationship with your father, it reflects in the workmanship that was put into your CV. As far as the paint goes, I would go with midnight blue or black.
              Packman
              Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 11-28-2006, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Added a few pics of the radiator/tranny cooler upgrade.

I upgraded the radiator to an all aluminum 2 row Summit Racing universal radiator. It fit amazingly well. I didn't have to do much modification to get it in position and hooked up. But since there is no integrated tranny cooler I upgraded my auxiliary transmission cooler to a Flex-a-Lite unit. had to make a mounting bracket for one end, but the other used the stock mounting location.

Comment

Well I took a few more random pics of the Vic at a now abandoned section of road in my home town. Dirty as hell, but I just haven't had time to clean it. I did clean the wheels but only because they were so dirty I had to clean them before I started to go though and check all my brakes.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks good man. I like the spot you shot it at. Oh I will show you a dirty panther, I want to wash my vic so bad but the weather is suppose to get crappy again tomorrow.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Dirty Kitty DOWN...DOWN DIRTY KITTY....DOWN!
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

You could be a photographer Johnnie, you're pretty good at takin pics. And I thought you were sellin those rims. Do you still plan on it?

Comment

Eventualy, but I have to come up with new wheels first.

Comment

What's wrong with the turbines that came on it? Did you sell those?

Comment

Two of them. But I also need larger than 15" wheels.

Comment

Planning a big brake swap?
                                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                                X