Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, first the rear because I can do it without the larger wheels, and it's easy, plus I need to put synthetic in my differential.

Comment

Nice. I always thought the SVT Vic could use bigger brakes. What brake setups are you planning for the front and rear?
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
        Dirty as hell, but I just haven't had time to clean it.
        Uhhh...that's not dirty.

THIS is dirty:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Looks like SOMEbody has a dirty kitty.........

WASH YOUR CAT NATE!......and by cat I mean panther and by panther I mean crown victoria and by.........just go wash your car dang it!
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

You do know that picture is over a year old, right?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

um we jacked his thread sorry man .......
              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

I don't know how many times i've said it, but i'll say it again, Blaze has on of the best Panthers on the road. So much time and effort has been put into that car, and it was all done by Johnnie and his dad. I wish my dad was that into cars so we could do something like that, but he's into trains, which is cool too. I can't wait to see what the rear disk swap looks like.

Comment

Well I went through and pulled the best pics out. None of them have the photogenic quality that Monte's have, but they look alright. Enjoy!
                  Attached Files

Comment

i've never seen johnies car dirty.......lookin good mang! get them rear discs on!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Got a window tint planned? I'd go with 5% all around, that's how i'd do it.

Comment

No tinting. I like getting into a warm car in the winter. And I prefer to keep my viewing area uninhibited. Can't tint the windshield or the front doors, so it would be kind of odd anyways.

Comment

One of my Autolite sparkplugs that are only 3 months old, disintegrated and started melting my piston. So I am going to replace the piston, pin, and rod bearing for #5, and give the cylinder a quick honing. Other than that everything looks awesome. All the cylinders have very clear honing marks, and all my rod bearings (except #5) aren't even worn through the first layer of their coatings. Very happy with the engine and will be great for another 150,000 miles.

Below are the pics. I only have up close pics of the caved in piston. Glad I stopped driving it as soon as I did. Much longer and it might have grenaded into the block or the head. The culprit spark plug is also in the pic. NEVER BUY AUTOLITE! The rod bearings are not that bad, but they are 10 times worse than the others were. All the rest are pics of the deformed piston dragging on the cylinder wall. Not too bad, the one pic shows how the damage had just started getting below the honing marks.

I'll be posting updates as I proceed through the repair.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Glad you found the problem, good thing you stopped driving it when you did. By the way, i envy you and your garage space. See that thing in front of and next to you're car, its called space...value it...

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                            1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                            1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

yea, I wish I had a garage like that...
                              sigpic
                              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Well while I am at my house and away from the Vic I took the intake with me and cleaned it up. I sprayed it with high temp Aluminum color paint, which at first looked a little on the bright side. Then I put a coat of high temp clear on it and it came out AMAZING! It looks exactly the same color and finish as it did the day it came from the factory! And the lower intake looks better than it ever did! Up next is the alternator.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 02-02-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X