Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mats and carpeting

Dear Panthers,
    I bought some Lloyd floor mats two years ago. Since my co driver, or myself when alone, often sleep in the passenger sheet these floor mats helped turn that seat into a berth.

Lloyd supplied a two piece attachment. A plastic block screw threaded into the carpet and the mat dropped over a stud on top of the block.

Problem is, the screw pulls out of the carpet and after some days of travel, the mat gets rumpled.

So here's my dopey question: how do you attach your mats to your carpets?

Donald McCaig

Maybe a longer screw to have it go through the floorpan into metal?

My carpets aren't attatched, they bunch up all the time and get wedged under the gas pedal. I really need to invest in some better ones that don't move. I've had the gas pedal get stuck at WOT a couple times now.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the 91 had a set of Ford mats in it when I got it, they stay in place pretty good just by themselves.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Maybe a home carpeting store in you area would have some sort of carpet reinforcement/tape that you could use to keep the bolt from slipping out. You could try some kind of plastic washer on the screw? Or even a square of that metal duct tape on the backing of the carpet and just pop the screw back through. The duct tape is pretty strong and sticks very well.
        sigpic
        1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
        Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

I purchased some thick vinyl mats from Ford a while back. Never have a problem with them. They are so thick they don't move or fold up, and look great too.

Comment

You could always use lots of velcro.

Comment

Blaze those are sexay where did you get them? I wonder if they have dark red?

edit --
              oh you ordered from Ford

Comment

Those stock mats are good. Mine have like little spikes so they don't move at all. Whenever I go to clean the mats, there is like an endless amount of sand in them lol. I'm missing a mat, I should get another one.

Comment

Working...
                X