Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the levers from a baby LTD mate to our columns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would the levers from a baby LTD mate to our columns?

Just a thought I had as I was going through my brochure collection. When I got my Ford pack a couple years ago the seller included a couple for the baby LTD and I really like the black with white text levers on the steering column. The black shifter is sexy too. :heyhey:
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

If it's just the black levers you're after, base Panthers did come with black left-side levers for at least a few years. Don't know whether the black wiper lever could be had with delay wipers, though. I would imagine a Mustang/Fairmont forum would help you find info on the physical dimensions of typical Fox-body wiper and multifunction switches, particularly the screw-hole spacing. I do happen to know that different year Mustangs used different plugs on the multifunction switch, so depending on the source of the switches, different pigtails may or may not need to be spliced in (or swap to individual spade connectors!).
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I believe some Tbirds had those levers. I've had the turn signal one in my hands before. NOS, and other than the fact it was black it was identical to a Panther part. 84- type though with the stalk horn. I *think* it may be Tom's, but I don't know for sure. It wasn't all that long ago I was looking at it though.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Unfortunately none of the yards around here have any T-birds or the baby LTD, so I could compare them. The one Vic that they had got crushed a week after it came in. They don't keep shit anymore.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

How typical.

Comment

david and i harvested the wiper switch, tilt lever and multifnction switch lever today from an 81 thunderbird......i do believe they will werk mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

the tilt lever screwed right in. looks cool.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Neato. What do those levers look like?

Comment

they look exactly like the peeling chrome ones on my car, just black. Once i get home i will up load some pictures of the levers.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

here is a photo of two levers.

i installed the directional one and it is a little loose..mabe because it was meant for the horn.???
                    ~David~

Comment

yup, i got an NOS chrome one with horn and it slides in and out a little, lol
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i might put a dab of silicone around it to prevent it from flying around on me...if and only if the wiper lever is correct.
                        ~David~

Comment

If you compare the grooves cut on the horn style lever vs the non-horn one you'll see why its loose. I wonder if using some jb weld or something of that nature to fill in the groove and make it match the non-horn one wouldn't do the job.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

can you use the old school switch by any chance?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i have no idea about the old school switch i didnt check it out yet.
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X