Lincoln power seat mods...*DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln power seat mods...*DUW*

thought i would make a post on how to modify Town Car seats to work in a Crown Vic or Grand Marquis...

you start off by finding the Town Car seats you want at junkyard or wherever you can find them. i find it easiest to remove the tracks from your old seats being replaced. after removing old tracks, start undoing the clips holding the fabric to the seat frame. i use needle nose pliers, regular pliers and a flat tip screw driver. you will need to do this to both seats to be able to insert and attach the seat controls. unscrew the controls and the tilt mechanism lever if necessary. remove the seat controls from seat being replaced on the old seat being replaced, find the rivots and drill them out. after drilling them out, remove the bracket that the contols were mounted into in the old seat. slide the bracket in the Lincoln seat and use some 1 or 1 1/4 inch long bolts, washers and nuts to hold the bracket in place. size i use are 7/16 or 1/2 inch head bolts. slide the bolts through and attach the washers and nuts. pull down the fabric and reattach the clips/rings to the frame to hold fabric pinching them shut with the pliers or needle nose. after fabric is in place, feel where the bracket is mounted on side of seat and cut an x pattern in the hole where bracket is. trim off most of the fabric leaving some around the edge. i then lift and find where crews go into the bracket by lifting it and looking. then holding fabric in place i use a small punch/scratch maul to poke through the fabric. once that is done, insert wires through the hole and bracket and screw in the control panel and seat tilt mechanism lever. now all that is left is reattaching the seat track and plugging in the wires... below are pictures of steps i took to do the stuff needed...

Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Thats neat. One day i want to make my passengers side seat power as well.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hey this is just like the thread I made about the same subject

Making the passenger seat power is easy Dave, just need the tracks/RH switch/wiring
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        Hey this is just like the thread I made about the same subject

Making the passenger seat power is easy Dave, just need the tracks/RH switch/wiring
        cool..that will be a must do next time i have access to some jy's.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

oops... sorry.... forgot about the thread you made Pete...

i still have to connect the lights under the seat that were on these Town Car seats. i am thinking of connecting the seat lighting together running to a toggle switch and than to fused power. since the seats will have green LEDs mounted in near future. was thinking of these in place of the incadescent bulbs for an eerie green glow under the seats...

Last edited by 87_crown_vic; 04-17-2009, 01:52 PM.
          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Seat lighting? How's that work?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

very carefully. It works pretty well actually, especially for the passengers in the back, i prefer under dash glow as well
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

some townies had courtesy lights under the seats Mikey - I think i have one side installed but not the other... (adds to list)
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The Mark VII's have them to, Ialways wanted to add a set to my GM but I think the brackets are riveted in so I haven't gotten the chance to get a good look at one yet.
                  sigpic
                  1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                  Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

I got 'em in my Townie too, I had to rob 'em off a junkyard SS or Cartier tho, as my car was just an Exec trim. I have blue bulbs in the front and red in the rear, and cause I have no dome light or any other roof lights for that matter I can leave them on as I drive - makes for a pretty nice glow as is, but I wanna put LEDs cause they don't heat up... The one thing Towncars have over Crown Vics and most GMQs is that even on the lower trim levels all the wiring is still there, so to upgrade your equipment all you gotta do is take parts off a donor car, and bolt them down and plug them in. That's how I got those underseat lights, also the lighted visors, and the passenger power seat.

Comment

Working...
                    X