where to find cupholders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to find cupholders?

My 1990 grand marquis wagon hasn't a single cupholder anywhere!
    Someone told me that they make some that go over the hump between the seats (where the transmission is)? Where do I find one of them?

You can get them a Wal-Mart or even the dollar store I think. Least they use to sell them.

Comment

Contact 85crownHPP. He may still have some slide out ashtray/cup holders available. Special for only 90 and 91 CV and GMQ. This way everything looks stock!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I bought the dollar pack of 4 "shred the inside dew-wipe" hanger holders from Wal-Mart. Not pretty, but works great. Mind the condensation drips on the driver door so you don't gum up the switches though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Can get ones that go over the hump at any car parts store. They have little teeth that grip the carpet and work great as long as you don't put a huge 52oz drink in them.
          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Then there's the ones with the "drill through the floor and bolt it in" option. You can set a 52oz tanker in those (usually come with that adjustable holders too).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You could go searching the junkyards for the Special Aero Town Cars that have the cup holders in the arm rests. Only problem is is that they're in leather interiors only. I don't recall what trim level it was. CheeseSteakJim knows though.
              Last edited by 86VickyLX; 07-20-2010, 10:12 PM.

Comment

- make a center console
                - cheapie console from walmart that you can modify (I did this and put some lights and crap in mine)
                - early aero cars (92-94) had cupholders in the ashtray that folded out when you open it
                - early aero town cars in some trim levels had them in the arm rests
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I've though it'd be a neat woodoworking project to make one. Securing it would be as simple as getting a "fin" in the middle that was the right thickness to wedge nicely into the gap between the seats.

That's where I store a lot of my drinks anyway, at least bottles.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I made something like that - it worked great but eventually fell apart after a couple years of getting banged around from commotion between the seats

you can tell that pic is old... that cell phone has an antenna
                    Attached Files
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                    X