My JBL Swap(In Progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Matt, did you get the other plug for the amplifier? There are two. One for the speaker wires, and the other for the amp trigger, power and ground.

yes i am not that dumb i got all the connections you need wait till you see the bundle of wire for it. i have both connections.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
      i am not that dumb
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
        That picture is really really creaping me out...

Comment

be nice.

and yes that picture FTL.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Do you guys have any idea on where I can get a new or replacement tripminder for my 88 Crown Vic? I've tried junkyards all over my area and can't find any, nor can I get them from "vintage parts." I don't want to replace it with the plain clock....I'm also looking for a AM/FM/CD for my car too. I currently have the "premium sound system" from the factory combined with a cassette player. I'd really like a Ford CD player to keep it original if possible.

Comment

as far as i know you will have to switch your whole setup if you want a factory cd player and they are very rare.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

well i think the headunit is experiencing a new symptom. everytime i raise the volume on max the sounds cuts out. radio still on just the sound cuts out and if i turn the headunit off then on again it will play sound again but it cuts out again if the volume is at max.

Comment

well i think the headunit is experiencing a new symptom. everytime i raise the volume on max the sounds cuts out. radio still on just the sound cuts out and if i turn the headunit off then on again it will play sound again but it cuts out again if the volume is at max.
                  Bad ground.

Comment

Bad ground.

cant be. if it is where would this ground be.

Comment

cant be. if it is where would this ground be.
                      At the amp, or something's overheating.

Comment

How about a dirty spot on the vol switch? Can you remove it and spray tuner cleaner in it??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

The radio won't work again until you turn it off and then back on right?

Comment

sounds only comes back on after shutting the radio off then turning it back on. when it cuts off the sound. the radio is still on just no sound. i tried switching amps with the good one from the tc and it did the same thing so something i think in the headunit is the problem.

Comment

Does it do it with my head unit?

Comment

Does it do it with my head unit?

no. it doesnt. your headunit sounds really nice and fucking loud.

Comment

Working...
                                X