Trunk liner carpeting repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk liner carpeting repair

Ok, hopefully someone will know what I am talking about. Sides of the trunk on my 85' have carpeted sections that can be removed. There is cardboard backing on them. The cardboard is all warped and looks like crap. Anyone know where to purchase replacement? I can reupholster it myself and cut and do all the bends, just need to know where to buy that cardboard looking material.
    Last edited by Mr Bean; 03-17-2015, 07:38 PM.

You can actually get the thin sheets in plastic, then use a heat gun to form and make necessary bends to the original stuff. Would not be hard to do since, the cardboard pieces are fairly small and simple.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Search the junk yards. I had the same problem and found some pieces in like new condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        Search the junk yards. I had the same problem and found some pieces in like new condition.
        I haven't seen a box at a junkyard in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          I haven't seen a box at a junkyard in years.
          Come over to Detroit, there's about half a dozen boxes at one of the yards that I frequent and a few at a couple other local yards.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

It appears that there have been a few variations of the trunk carpeting over the years. The 85' that I have just has basics back and sides carpeted. I've been a 79' that also has covers over the hinges. Could someone post some pics of their trunk carpets to give me an idea what it looks like? I am gonna fabricate my own.

Comment

Working...
            X