Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to professionally clean your engine (56k no)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zwack88
    Did you sell Blackhawk or did you wreck it?
    I did a trade-in.

ATT, SNIPER 308. FAREWELL BLACKHAWK-P74 INTERCEPTOR I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

You surely will not regret going with an 03!!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Good stuff. I rarely clean my engine, I need to do it more often. I usually just use a garden hose attachment that allows the water to come out at much higher pressure. Then I put on degreaser and let it sit for a while. ThenI use a little more and scrub it clean. Then rinse, and wait for it to dry. I clean it usually after i've driven for a while, but I don't know if it's hot enough. When, or if I get my car back, i'll really clean it up, inside, outside and engine.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I just cleaned the engine. I used hgih pressure water and grease/oil cleaner on the rubber hoses and other non metal parts, and an acidic cleaner on the metal parts. The trick is to spray some on, let it soak, and then spray more on and scrub it with foil or better, steel wool. I used some Walmart cleaner on the upper intake, because the bottle said toxic, use mask so ou don't breathe it in heavily, will cause blindness if in eyes, and is fatal if swallowed. It didn't even list emergency procedures if in you swallow it, cuz if you do your dead. Anyway, I used that stuff on the upper intake and scrubbed it with steel wool, and the 18 years of dirt, grease, oil, and anything else is history. It almost sparkles. I wish I knew what the name of it was, the front label was ripped off. Anyway, just sharing my newly cleaned engine story, it almost looks brand new, which sucks cuz I hate the stock 5.slow.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

¿DEAD?

ATT,SNIPER 308. FAREWELL BLACKHAWK-P74 INTERCEPTOR I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.
            MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Working...
            X