Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to professionally clean your engine (56k no)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good info! i use purple power when degreasing the engine compartment.......lately the engines have been out of the panthers, natehawks and davids engine compartments are clean enough to eat off of........used a total of 2 gallons of purple power to get all clean on nates car......there was a half inch of grease on the frame
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
      Im too skurred to use a pressure washer... when I did my engine I just stripped it down to here and did some soak-scrub-light rinse action. Its nice and dirty again - I plan to try a steam cleaner next.

you're a friggin pansy, pete.
      LTD is still here

Comment

thats not what yo momma said last night!!!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I'd be careful with steam cleaning, I actually saw an episode of autoweek or some other show 7:30 this morning on the speed channel that had a demonstration on how to properly clean your engine. They said a pressure washer or garden hose was fine, but they strongly suggested you should never use a steam cleaner. Apparantly when the steam condenses, it obviously turns into water which gets into the electrical connections thus causing potentially large problems with any type of sensor, fuse links/relays, and other electrical devices. Plus with old ford wiring, which isn't sheilded well to begin with, its probably not worth the risk.
          Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
          2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
          Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
          Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
            thats not what yo momma said last night!!!
            BURN MOTHERFUCKER! :owned:
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by 87mefull
              when the steam condenses, it obviously turns into water which gets into the electrical connections thus causing potentially large problems...
              you are right! steam can get into places water cant, and will turn back into water.
              Especially with one of those steam cleaners blasting steam at high velicity...
              I hadnt even thought about this, but I only plan to use this on the block and intake manifold... one good thing about CFI is that its more like a carbed application, more exposed engine and less electroinics all over the place.
              Id definitly worry about getting steam in the injecor connectors of an MPFI car.
              Last edited by 85crownHPP; 06-20-2006, 01:20 AM.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I've pressure washed my car several times, it doesn't seem to really care much about it. The only time I had issues with dampness making the car run retarded was when I had bad plug wires.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

fianlly some people understand that pressure washing doesnt harm!
                  LTD is still here

Comment

Well mangs that's interesting but I suggest instead of use that crap,shit,garbage,disgusthing Armor all I strongly recomend to use WD-40 and spray all engine this allows to remove any water acumulated and prevent to dirt stick to engine which permit remove more faster the dirt next time you clean your engine I did it to the "TACTICAL INTERCEPTOR" "BLACKHAWK P-74 INTERCEPTOR" and now to my new adquisition...!bwaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!

ATT, SNIPER 308.IN MEMORY OF THE BLACKHAWK P-74 INTERCEPTOR.
                    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Originally posted by sniper308
                      Well mangs that's interesting but I suggest instead of use that crap,shit,garbage,disgusthing Armor all I strongly recomend to use WD-40 and spray all engine this allows to remove any water acumulated and prevent to dirt stick to engine which permit remove more faster the dirt next time you clean your engine I did it to the "TACTICAL INTERCEPTOR" "BLACKHAWK P-74 INTERCEPTOR" and now to my new adquisition...!bwaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!

Good idea, thats how I protect my RC cars. I use a paint brush to work it around.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper308

Newest? Oh please DO tell.

Comment

Soon I will present to all mangs my new Panther and I will take a few pics with the engine sprayed with WD-40. !!WATCH FOR IT!!

ATT, SNIPER 308.FAREWELL BLACKHAWK-P74 INTERCEPTOR I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.
                          MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Is it a 98+? :d

Comment

Did you sell Blackhawk or did you wreck it?
                              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                                Is it a 98+? :d
                                A 2003 I.P. (Intimidating Panther)

ATT, SNIPER 308.FAREWELL BLACKHAWK-P74 INTERCEPTOR I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X