No announcement yet.

Interior Restoration - Ongoing Project & Updates - DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this fell off the first page so it needs a revival...

I spent an hour today working on the car after I spent two hours on a motorcycle ride after work. I focused on the car stereo and matching the carpet samples I received to the car's interior.

The CD player, as I mentioned before, was purchased used from someone on here, and said to be working. I hooked it up, got it to run for 10 seconds and it just quit. It has responded since. Today I removed the power connections from the harness, that I spliced together with a crimp style cap (solder free joint). I checked continuity of each of the crimped connectors and they were good. I checked continuity of the fuse at the CD player and the 15amp in the fuse box that said stereo. I cleaned the terminals with a wire brush just to make sure.

I did a key on / key off test of the red wire in the harness. It gets 12 volts when I key on, so power is good. The yellow wire (always on power, registered a low power out put, but it had some juice. The ground was stable and did not float. I added a SECOND ground to the ground block above the throttle pedeal and screwed it into the back of the CD player.

Result: nothing has changed. The unit still does not respond.

Guess I need to find another Kenwood unit that has the same wire harness plug and see if it works.

On the interior, the wife helped me match up the 20 or so samples I received from two companies for carpet colors. We found one that matched the interior under the rear seat and the door panel carpet pretty close. I forget the number, but it was a 8XX.

~Adam

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
    302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
    '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
    '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

Working...
    X