Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yes, is there anything louder than this? i have gotten used to it

Comment

84's with dual exhaust were rated 155hp iirc........different mufflers will not add hp, just sound different

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

well it only had single exhaust when i bought it, i think it is around 120-130 hp is this right?

Comment

~140.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I had duals on my first Marquis back in '97. They were custom bent (was on there when I bought it) true dual with no H, and cherry bomb glasspacks. Still had the stock cats though - back then it had to pass emissions. Sounded great! Not too loud, but certainly not stock. Don't really remember any performance difference between that one, and our current one with 100% stock exhaust. Maybe a bit more on top, but our current stock Marquis seems to get out of the hole much better than the first one did.

I couldn't find a way to eliminate the air pump on this one, so I gutted it. It's just an idler pulley now. There are some odd looking metal parts with needle bearings on one end, and reed-like vanes on the other. I greased the heck out of the bearing when I did it, because after gutting it, that was the only bearing supporting the load of the belt tension. So far, so good at about 70k miles like this though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	What the hell is that.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1272448
            sigpic

Comment

I have found that Walker makes a complete dual system for the 5.0..............question...........should I go with the oem style Walker mufflers, or some after market variety.........like Flowmaster, or another company?

Comment

I suggest going to youtube and looking up what 302's sound like with different mufflers. This has helped me in the past. It'll give you an idea of what yours could sound like.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X