No announcement yet.

Just picked up an 84 LTD CV Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the info everyone. As long as its not as shitty as the A4LD that was in my first gen Explorer I'll be ok. I rebuilt that thing twice in the time I had it and it was still a weak pile of crap.

Comment

Birdofprey, I found you a nos Ford cable. D9AZ-7443052A @ KC Motor Co. 561-7226208 $20.66
      Looks like only one in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        Birdofprey, I found you a nos Ford cable. D9AZ-7443052A @ KC Motor Co. 561-7226208 $20.66
        Bird of prey - if you don't want this, let me know. I want it but don't want to buy it out from under you.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	do-cars-of-family-guy-reveal-who-killed-brian-griffin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1282388
          paint it red and make it the family guy car

Comment

Thank you for looking that up for me, I appreciate it.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            Bird of prey - if you don't want this, let me know. I want it but don't want to buy it out from under you.
            I'm going to give them a call this morning and see how much they want for shipping, I will let you know. Thank you for asking.

Comment

I got that tailgate strap coming, thanks again Mainemantom!

I'm still going to the JY this weekend to look at the CP, I'll grab the strap if its in good shape Tiggie.

Comment

today's JY score:

There is a yard about 5 minutes away from work so it was a nice lunch break to make a trip over there a see if they had anything I could use, they just got a 91 CV - Completely clean, no damage, engine looked clean, who knows why its there.

The door weather stripping looked great so I grabbed that to replace the ripped up mess on mine.

My B pillar trim has a few good dings and scratches so these will look nice.

Comment

Transmission is toast probably on the 91.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    Transmission is toast probably on the 91.
                    I was thinking the same thing.

If you head back there check for the TV cable disconnected at the throttle body.
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
                      today's JY score:

There is a yard about 5 minutes away from work so it was a nice lunch break to make a trip over there a see if they had anything I could use, they just got a 91 CV - Completely clean, no damage, engine looked clean, who knows why its there.

The door weather stripping looked great so I grabbed that to replace the ripped up mess on mine.

My B pillar trim has a few good dings and scratches so these will look nice.
                      What color is the interior ?

Comment

What color is the interior ?
                        Tan, or being a 91 it was probably called Sand Beige. Actually looked almost identical to what my explorer had.

Swung back after work and grabbed just about everything I could use, $150 later and I’ve got good front seats, belts, carpet, all the door trim (A, B pillar, rocker and kick) 4 door cards and it even had oem floor mats in not too dirty shape. Pretty killer score actually.

That just leaves me the dash and the wagon rear parts.

The bummer I did find out was that the B pillar trim won’t work, the chrome door frame trim is narrower on mine and I don’t want to swap it all. Oh well.

Comment

You have a pm.
                          I don't know if the door panels from a 91 will fit your year. Be careful taking yours off, just in case they don't fit.
                          Did you consider dying/painting the interior pieces instead of replacing. If done right, it looks good.

Comment

You have a pm.
                            I don't know if the door panels from a 91 will fit your year. Be careful taking yours off, just in case they don't fit.
                            Did you consider dying/painting the interior pieces instead of replacing. If done right, it looks good.
                            Was thinking that too, the rear sides are pretty flaky from being sun cooked, but the good thing about going that route is that the rockers and pillars won’t be painted which would wear out the fastest if painted.

It looked like maybe I’ll have to go back for some of the clips but it looks like the door cards will fit, it’s nice too they are the full armrest/grabs that have the rear cig lighters, my boys will love those for powering their devices while on road trips.
                            And the fronts had the speaker pods.

I’ll check the PM and get back with ya.

Thanks

Comment

Junk Yard acquisition.

(this is off that 91 CV, I visit the CP in the other yard tomorrow)

Comment

Nice haul. You may need to swap the seat tracks from your existing seats since there was a floor pan change towards the end. That shouldn't be too hard, though.

My Cars:
                                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X