PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 17" Mopar steelies

not embarrassed on a scooter 85crownHPP's Avatar

Default 17" Mopar steelies

whats the deal???

I have a set I can claim if they work... they sure fit well but I keep hearing this stuff about the bolt pattern being slightly different and causing problems :confused:

If they fit, they fit...

Ford is 5x114.3... The mopar is 5x115 That's pretty damn close....

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

usually ford and chryslers will interchange wheels without issue. not always but usually. the center hub hole may be different. try it is all i can say.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

WARNING DON'T DERP AND DRIVE!

Ditto, Some things you just have to try out and if it don't work out then put them up for sale on craigs list then.

my 84 vic had mopar cop steelies on it......i do believe mopar rims fit panthers but not vs versa

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Told ya everything I know when I said hello P72Ford's Avatar

I put the Mopar cop rallye wheels on my '88 P72... those are nice wheels. No rubbing, and no fit issues at all.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 98K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 7K Poseur HD Rider
    **2014 Ram 1500 QCSB Express: 4WD Hemi/ 8spd TF/ 3L92/ Exhaust/ Cosmetics, 42K Truck Duties

My slots came off a 70's Dodge van.
    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Nathan in MN is running at least one Mopar wheel on his '89 P72. In the catalogs Mopar wheels are usually just listed as 5 on 4-1/2. If it really is 115mm and not 114.3, I doubt the extra 0.7mm will make much difference.

What are the other dimensions of said wheels? Are the width and backspacing appropriate to your chassis?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Working with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair Nathan in MI's Avatar

Yeah, my rear wheels are Mopar 15x7s. I can tell you that older Ford and Chrysler wheels interchange (Scott--Ford wheels fit Chrysler products just fine, it's not just the other way around), but I have no idea on the new stuff. Being that the LX platform (I'm assuming that's what the wheels in question are from?) is fairly new, it could easily be totally different from traditional Chrysler stuff.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan in MN View Post
    (Scott--Ford wheels fit Chrysler products just fine, it's not just the other way around)
    What's the deal with this? Are typical Chrysler outer hubs smaller in diameter?

Working with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair Nathan in MI's Avatar

Not that I know of. Ford wheels fit Chryslers and Chrysler wheels fit Fords. Only real difference that I've noticed is that the circle for the dog dish hubcaps is smaller on Chrysler wheels. Hard to tell the difference between 'em other than that.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

SUNSHINE, KITTENS, AND RAINBOWS!!! Chuck Norris's Avatar

Needs trim rings.
    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan in MN View Post
    Not that I know of. Ford wheels fit Chryslers and Chrysler wheels fit Fords. Only real difference that I've noticed is that the circle for the dog dish hubcaps is smaller on Chrysler wheels. Hard to tell the difference between 'em other than that.
    Whoops, I misread your post!

Smaller dogdishes sounds good as long as they're plain or otherwise visually Ford-compatible. :p

Told ya everything I know when I said hello P72Ford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Needs trim rings.
    No it doesn't. Those are the wheels I had on my '88. They are beautiful as is, and get too "cluttered" with trim rings.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 98K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 7K Poseur HD Rider
    **2014 Ram 1500 QCSB Express: 4WD Hemi/ 8spd TF/ 3L92/ Exhaust/ Cosmetics, 42K Truck Duties

Quote Originally Posted by 1987cp View Post
    Whoops, I misread your post!

Smaller dogdishes sounds good as long as they're plain or otherwise visually Ford-compatible. :p
    I've got about 2 sets (maybe 2 and a half) of first-gen Valiants that don't have any Chrysler insignia on 'em. Could use those, I suppose.

You guys need to remember that the "new" mopars aren't mopars. The charger/magnums are Mercedes based...

Yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking, too...

Where's the torque? torquelover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrltd View Post
    You guys need to remember that the "new" mopars aren't mopars. The charger/magnums are Mercedes based...
    Yep, based off of E-class architecture from two generations ago...

Wow, makes you feel like you're getting some sort of recycled antique remarketed as a brand-new car with a $40k price tag!

not embarrassed on a scooter 85crownHPP's Avatar

they came off a 300M - the guy found cheap stock alloys on ebay with new tires... somebody hocked the post-donk leftovers I guess.

The low profile tires you guys are running on the mustang wheels are expensive!!!
    I found 225/60/17 in the $60 range though... they give a 28" diameter, simmilar to the 235/70/15 I have on the front of the 91 now. The size of the 300M tires was 215/65/17, about the same diameter. Im not sure about the wheel width... but its bound to be wide enough
    I could put on some used 225/50/17's on the front... but they are like 25.5" diameter... BUT I wonder how they would handle... the 70's ride like balloons.

I need for get new tires for the 91 soon anyway... the fronts are lumpy and developing a bald spot... the rears have some tread but they are rediculously huge... c'mon tax check...

As far as fit... all the lug nuts seat well in the tapers... if you could "see" .35mm of offness, I guess you can see it, but it may just be me being paranoid... the hub center is damned close... if its anything its larger, and is nothing slipping a centercap wouldnt fill up, but it might not even have enough room. Im hoping it does have room for a cap... and Ive seen people run aftermarket wheels without the slip-in caps so it cant be too big of a deal...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast