1987 police bucket seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 police bucket seats

This thread is for general info about police bucket seats and seat brackets (sliders), particularly the nonadjustable variety that I am interested in at present. After looking closely at the seats that came with my new '87 P72 (police/fleet Crown Vic "S"), I found nothing recognizable as a regular part number on the sliders, but on the seat frame I found a large yellow tag reading:

D8BB 5463 100BB
    D&L 3 2 87

The sliders seemed to be identified only by what seemed to be stamping numbers corresponding to the individual stampings that make up the sliders:

7 090A 200
    7 097A W
    7 096A W
    7 086A

The "200" is far to the right of the "7 090A" and appears on the lower parts of the sliders, which are permanently riveted to the feet sections.

The "W" similarly appears to the right of the 097 and 096 pieces, which are the top parts of the sliders, and have an odd form similar to the following:
    _______
    \ /\--/-
    \/ \/

(pics will be included in a subsequent post)

The stamping 086 is one of the release brackets.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Well, the pictures of the sliders didn't exactly turn out, so I'll have to try again on those. For now, I'm hoping the p/n on the seat will help lead us to more of these sliders ... the rest of the pics just show the general appearance of the seat and bracket. The third is of course the bolt holding the seatback from folding forward and the rubber bumpers it contacts when in the up position, and in the fourth showing the entire seatback you can also see where the mounting studs in the floor go into the outer holes on the bracket.

Out of curiosity, is any of this sounding like something someone's seen at a salvage yard or swap meet recently?

Or alternatively, anyone happen to have access to a Hollander Interchange manual? I may have to see about acquiring one ...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 1987cp; 10-19-2008, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Ive never messed with police buckets... this is going to be awesome if it turns out these tracks will lead to painless installation of taurus/mustang/LSC seats!!!!!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Clean off that goddamned car!!!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

The D8BB part number indicates 1978 engineering. The only thing i could come up with is maybe LTD II, which would make sense as its the predecessor to the Panther chassis.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

LTD II, ya think? Guess it's worth trying to look into. '78 was also the first year for the Fairmont.... and the bucket seats in Granadas could well have used the same seat frame with different upholstery.

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
            Clean off that goddamned car!!!
            I don't follow ... none of my cars have been officially condemned by anyone .... though I readily admit that all my cars need more attention in the way of machine glazing, etc.

Comment

evil pines do nasty things to panthers

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                evil pines do nasty things to panthers
                Quite so ... one of many reasons I should be thinking a bit harder about car covers .....

Comment

Those are identical to the chairs in my brother's '88 (my old P72). The ones I put in were blue velour, but the back and such all looks the same. The stantions are drilled twice, which made me wonder if they would fit in my '90. I never tried, I just went with the '04 seats instead.

Those chairs are fabulously comfortable though, in my opinion, and they are clean and simple. My Dad swears that they are not as uncommon as we believe, and I tend to believe he knows what he is talking about, seeing as he did alot of stuff for a leasing company in the late 80s, early 90s. That leasing company used to prep and deliver cruisers to the CT state police. He said that alot of those cars came through with buckets.

He once told me that a local Ford dealer had stacks of those seats out front for sale, because local departments preferred the split bench to the buckets. The dealer had swapped the buckets for split benches, and was trying to unload the chairs.

The set that I put in my '88 came out of an '89 P72; it was a wrecked parts car. That car had two nifty options; the seats, and the factory gauge pack (that mounts in the dash on the PS).
                  Last edited by P72Ford; 10-20-2008, 09:20 AM.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Don't suppose you know offhand which dealer this was?

Comment

Dillon Ford, Manchester, CT. They recently went out of business.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Ah, shoot. Sounds like it may be time to start making phone calls to nearby dealers to see what became of their inventory ... provided it still exists.

In related news, got a semi-useful response from one of those Internet-based junkyard searches. A guy at a place called S&C Automotive in Salisbury, North Carolina says he has a set of these tracks in stock. I called, and he's offering them to me at $180 for the pair shipped. I'd want to verify some measurements before buying, if I could afford it, which I can't. Of course, it could prove useful to someone who lives closer by. The price I was quoted seems awfully "salty" ... any idea if this is a typical price?

I asked about the seats, and he said something about having to go get them.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                          Ive never messed with police buckets... this is going to be awesome if it turns out these tracks will lead to painless installation of taurus/mustang/LSC seats!!!!!

Dude, Pete! I just came across a 3-month-old post of Tiggie's over at CVN. He claims that you took these pictures. Do you remember where???

Comment

yes, I took that pic at a junkyard 4 years ago!!! lol... that junkyard is no longer in buisness. Ive seen those seats in Richmond a few times...
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Fairmont/pinto buckets
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                              X