No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As promised. Pics of the 88 with the lower moldings replaced (put back on).

Driver side:

Passenger side:

And new signs in the rear glass:

Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Rear glass signs FTW.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

the vic is still with Scott... looking forward to updates and getting it back all upgraded and nice.

took the push bar off the GM for the wife to drive and I'm driving the Mark until we get the vic back.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

What's on the work order for Scott?
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

used PI 4.6L swap since it's cheaper than trying to rebuild the engine that's in the car now (pics of the worn out and damaged head/valves attached). Also, upgraded torque converter while the engine's out, 3.55s and clutch pack, power steering pump and hoses, possibly motor mounts. It may also need the rotors turned and new pads on the rear... but that's cake in comparison with the rest. He's also looking into the possibility of an OBDII swap for tune-ability.
            Attached Files

Comment

and now the Mark is leaking gear oil out of the right side of the axle. It's under warranty though, so the shop that did it, gets to do it again.

Comment

now I'll need to get some oil crumbs for the garage...
                Attached Files

Comment

did they just replace the seal when it needed an axle and bearing too?
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

nope... bearings and seals the last time... also brake cylinders and shoes. Looks like the pothole I hit under load kinda knocked something loose. I'll find out tomorrow or tuesday.

Comment

correction: the 88's AC was just a little low... due to the fact that I didn't fully fill it. I did use some r134a w/uv leak detector though... just in case there is a leak.

Comment

that may be an axle.......did they use the repair bearing last time? they suck and leak

you can get new dorman axles from autozone if need be mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yeah we tried the repair bearings on my car. It leaked after a couple weeks. Tried again, and it leaked almost immediately. Gave in and replaced the axles, and put in standard bearings and seals. No more noise, no more leaks. Buying a pair of axles for $200 kind of sucked though, but now knowing that these axles can actually snap without much warning, it seems like money well spent.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

nope... axles were fine last time and they just used new bearings and seals. Looks like it just popped a seal since I drove it around 100 miles on that with zero vibration. I'm thinking the extreme heat down here might have expanded the fluid a bit much since it was a rather cool november when it was fixed last. It's all under warranty though... so I'm not out of pocket anything.

Comment

oh, hey, you have a mark VI. Is there a bezel or some sort of insert behind the premium sound knob? I put mine in over the weekend, and it just seems like there ought to be something else in there. I can see the nut on the switch that holds it to the dash frame. Seems to me that ought not be visible but I'm not totally sure. I'm thinking it should have a trim ring like the headlight knob has.

oh and make sure the axle tube vent isn't clogged up. They often get gloobered up with dirt and oil sludge over the years. Its the thimble looking thing sticking out of the axle tube, think its on the driver's side.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

it has a screw down second knob that works as the nut on the trim side. Other nuts should be on the other side to support the premium sound switch. Then the normal knob to pull the switch out.

I tossed mine out since all the factory stuff was screwed up in some way or another and only kept the knob with the set screw in it that fits the headlight rods in the boxes. There should also be an insert and such that's part of the radio tray.

I'll check that vent when I pick up the car.

Update on the Mark: The bearing seems to have pushed out the seal. They've not yet had a chance to get it on a lift yet, so they'll know more tomorrow once they get it up in the air and pull the axle out. need to see if it's a defective bearing or the axle shaft has an issue.
                                Last edited by sly; 08-22-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X