No announcement yet.

[HELP] MORE TROUBLE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tps maybe sensor is on the way out or the map sensor like Gadget said.

CHECK THE THOSE HOESE!!!!
    sigpic
    67 Ltd tudor
    67 Ltd 4door
    85 Ltd 4door

Comment

idk what ur talkin about. where can i get map sensor. or tps? where is the tps located. pics if u have...
      "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Police Window Grates, Police Divider With Locking Window, G3 ALTERNATOR UPGRADE!

Comment

Map Sensor
        Location: Passenger fender, look toward exhaust manifold you'll see this square plastic popsicle with a rubber tube connected on teh bottom of it. it also has an electrical connector attached to it as well

Picture:

MAP SENSOR PICTURE

TPS SENSOR
        Location: look at the picture, you will see a black puck on the left. it has a little tube sticking out of it. that is a tps sensor.

Picture:

Picture of TPS Sensor

PICTURES AND LOCATION!
        Good luck, oh and check your hoses.
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        67 Ltd tudor
        67 Ltd 4door
        85 Ltd 4door

Comment

oh, you buy all this at the parts stores or junkyards.

Junkyards: cheap and a 50-50 chance if even those work. get warranty and you can exchange the part

Parts stores: expensive should work. if not you can get a replacement.
          sigpic
          67 Ltd tudor
          67 Ltd 4door
          85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Originally posted by 1985CrownVicLTD View Post
            -UPDATE-

MY CAR WILL NOT ROUGH IDLE WITH THE A/C UNITS WIRES UNPLUGGED.....

?? WHAT DOSE THIS MEAN ??
            thats what i figured mang lol had issues with a crownvic one time stumbled, ran rough, pulled the ac plug and it ran fine. dont know why this affects the running so much but it does soemtimes, at anyrate if you want hit me up on my cell, ill take a trip out your way. 716-640-6156- aaron
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

hummm guess ill have 2 take a trip 2 harrys
              "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Police Window Grates, Police Divider With Locking Window, G3 ALTERNATOR UPGRADE!

Comment

ok man 2 days my day 2 sleep... (insomnia BLOWS!) give me a ring-a-ding-dang-dong LOL tomarrow 570-417-8371
                "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

there seems 2 b 2 map sensors... replace both?
                  "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

k mang will do ill be in dk tomarrow so ill a bit closer lol anyway see ya tomarrow!
                    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

There is only one MAP sensor.

If it runs normal with the AC unplugged, and you don't use the AC, just leave it unplugged and shut the hood. No need to make this more complicated.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

welll ill take a pic of my shyt under my hood but there def seems 2 be 2 sensors!
                        "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

sounds like the fast idle solenoid on the side of the carb is either not working, the wire/vacuum to it is broken, or it's out of adjustment (had this problem on the 85 Pontiac Parisienne I had - adjusted it proper and it ran much better).

however... if he doesn't run the AC and the AC is engaging anyhow... there may be a short somewhere.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

HEY NE ONES BEST IDEAS FOR SPARK PLUGS... NEED ANSWER BY MORNING OR IM GOIN WITH Bosch-Iridium-Fusion's
                            "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

basic Motorcraft plugs. These cars do not need nor like fancy expensive plugs.

holy shit, 8 bucks a plug?! try These
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

these cars will eat and shit out expensive plugs. Just get your basic resistor plugs. They were designed for such and will screw over anything other. The ONLY platinum plug I've found that's worth half a sneeze is the autolite platinums. The bosch plats are way too thin and will destroy themselves within 20k miles. My cars like the basic autolite resistor plugs (similar to the motorcraft plugs) just fine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X