Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another holdover from CVN, with a beige '89 Grand Marquis GS sedan in tow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another holdover from CVN, with a beige '89 Grand Marquis GS sedan in tow!

I was told by a reliable source (pantera77) that this site was the place to be if you rocked a box. I've read and lurked a fair bit over the years, but like with CVN, I didn't pull the trigger until recently. I recently bought Ebyt- a beautiful '89 Grand Marquis GS sedan, from my friend Nate. Some select pictures are attached below. I have more posted on facelessbook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=11641093bd

Perhaps I should've said this sooner, but you guys have some really, really, good tech. And while I've picked up a good bit of info by reading, I'm always wanting to learn more. And more important than anything, I'm proud to be a member of your ranks. GMN4LIFE

Click image for larger version

Name:	CARSGTAEBYT 047.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	1301266Click image for larger version

Name:	CARSGTAEBYT 055.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1301267Click image for larger version

Name:	CARSGTAEBYT 056.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1301268Click image for larger version

Name:	CARSGTAEBYT 061.jpg
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	1301269Click image for larger version

Name:	CARSGTAEBYT 069.jpg
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1301270Click image for larger version

Name:	CARSGTAEBYT 072.jpg
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1301271
    Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 04-07-2014, 09:18 PM. Reason: Added a link.
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

cool! glad you found us!

welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Glad you made it.

You'll find this place a lot less hostel then CVN, and much more welcoming for box cultist.

Time to start a readers ride page on Ebyt.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Welcome! Is that rust or undercoating on the passenger side door?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yep, you're in the right place for all things box panther! Welcome!

Up until about a week and a half ago I had never owned any other kind of vehicle besides box panthers, but I'm only going to be 30 at the end of the year.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome! Nice car man! I love the tan ones!
            The Fist of Pain
            2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

Comment

oh wow...its my old grand marquis...(not really, but it could be its twin....lol)...welcome to the club
              Last edited by ; 04-07-2014, 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling (dam typos)

Comment

Welcome, you're definitely in the right place!

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                You'll find this place a lot less hostel then CVN,
                A big +1 on that, cvn has really gone wacky the last couple years!

Comment

Welcome!

'93 T-bird
                  '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                  '88 Mark VII
                  '86 CV

Comment

This is the place for box owners. Most on CVN don't seem to get it.

Comment

Welcome.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Ahh you made it. Welcome aboard!
                        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Welcome!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
                          George Burns

Comment

Wow, looks like I'm definitely among friends here. Haha.

@Lincolnmania: Thanks! And I'm glad I found you guys. Used to think there wasn't much you could do to a lopo 5.0, save for swapping it out for something different. You guys have taught me otherwise, and fueled my obsession. That's a sweet burnout picture you've got for your signature BTW.

@pantera: Indeed. CVN gives me weird vibes sometimes. Like it's a spring, just waiting to uncompress and snap. It's always in an some sort of uneasy peace, despite the efforts of the intelligentsia. I'll make a Readers' Rides thread as soon as I've replied to everyone in this thread.

@79lincolnlover: Thanks! That stuff on the passenger side is surface rust. There's a bit on the driver side rear quarter too. But (assuming all the DMV paperwork goes through properly) I'm getting it fixed this weekend. I'll be trying out what appears to be a good shop- Riverside Automotive. There tend to be older cars parked there getting work done, both imports and domestic. I'm on good terms with the owner too, he's a pretty cool guy. So we'll see. Odds are in my favor, but not overwhelmingly so. As good as Riverside Automotive looks, it is unproven.....

@VicCrownVic: Thanks! I don't blame you for sticking with box panthers, to the point that they basically have a monopoly on your garage space. They're arguably the coolest cars FoMoCo has ever produced. They're also among the most reliable, which is a huge bonus.

@PainFisted: Thanks! Tan really has grown on me. Before say, 2010, you'd never catch me dead in one. That quickly changed after I saw Nate's (now my) '89 Grand Marquis GS whilst lurking on CVN. I was a changed man. Haha.

@t65neon5: I know what you mean about seeing twins. I get like that whenever I see navy blue and/or gold Volvo DL sedans. Haha!

@Louis: Thanks! I must say, I'm a bit jealous of your fleet. Haha. A P72 SEFI pre '88 box is an epic find. I haven't seen one of those for sale in quite some time.

@torquelover: It's interesting you mention that. I kinda got that sense a while ago, when I first started lurking. I noticed the modular panthers had a lot of subdivisions for their tech forums. Boxes did not. It was either Box Tech or nothing. Subsequent lurking & posting in more recent years has confirmed the notion that yes, boxes are not the focus of CVN. It's nice when an intuiton/gut reaction gets proven right!

@87gtVIC: Thanks! Sick coupe you've got there by the way. You rockin' the older front fascia? It's pretty cool, I must say. It's so rare to see boxes with that front treatment these days. Though I admit to mistaking the front for an Olds Delta 88 when I first saw the car, many years ago. Haha.

@HiFiMerc: Thanks! Love your '90 MGM LS. I'll admit to lusting after her before falling for Ebyt, haha. Them turbines are freakin' sweet!

@BigT: Thanks! Loving the 86' in the sig picture. The pre '88 MGMs and LTD CVs have really grown on me over the years.

Comment

OSHI- forgot to mention purplebomb302!

@purplebomb302: Thanks! And I love that two tone Grand Marquis. Looks fantastic, inside and out!

Comment

Working...
                              X