PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ScottFest 2015

I will try to get there with my bus!
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

I may or may not make it, this year. If I do come out I'd probably pack lighter & do so in the Mark VI 2-door. It'd be a matter of taking two vacation days and not a week as I plan on selling back 3 of my 4 weeks of vacation this year if they let me. I just want to pay everything off and be 100% debt free finally before I start hoarding parts and cash for REALLY building up the cars here.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

"The finder of unobtainium and other magical items" zoomie's Avatar

I may make an appearence depending on how things go.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Fastest Boxes In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattsLincoln View Post
    I Will be there with the Bill Blass, My friend john will be following me in his 04 Town Car Ultimate. Looking forward to another great year Mangs
    Don't do anything stupid this year... Not trying to piss off the speed shop guy or Scott.

Anywho, I will be coming of course. Barring no end of the world type circumstances. I'll be bringing Vicky. And if my friend comes, the Grand Marquis will come too. I'm kinda interested to see what Blue can do on the dyno, and at the dragstrip.

Quote Originally Posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Don't do anything stupid this year... Not trying to piss off the speed shop guy or Scott.

Anywho, I will be coming of course. Barring no end of the world type circumstances. I'll be bringing Vicky. And if my friend comes, the Grand Marquis will come too. I'm kinda interested to see what Blue can do on the dyno, and at the dragstrip.
    x2 Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Quote Originally Posted by SVT98t View Post
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

I know Scott would be ok with that.

-ryan s.
    Would be great to get it done for sure. I crunched some numbers & that would be about $2K for just me to journey out there, back and then out & back again, no food or hotels or anything. I might be able to swing that but not much more, gotta do some more homework...

What happened last year?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    What happened last year?
    You may not want to know. It wasn't pretty.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Proud Owner Of A 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis! miamibob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Unfortunately, I haven't been well enough to getting up there but I tend to not ask questions. People are people and there are often conflicts but since Scotty is being a gracious host I would hope all guests behave well and good times are had by all!!! Guys, we are part of a very special "club" and we are all important to the group. I can not even count the valued advice I have gotten here and treasure every fellow member. I hope everyone enjoys the company and leave being happy they came!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Google maps says it's about a 10 hour drive for me. Any Panther meet could use another Box. Let's see what the future brings.
    1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

And if my friend comes, the Grand Marquis will come too. I'm kinda interested to see what Blue can do on the dyno, and at the dragstrip.
    Me too.

By the way, did I leave my glasses in there? I know Scott gave them to me, but I haven't seen them since then. Not sure if I lost them at the diner, or left them in your car because I've about run out of other places to look.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Now I have to know lol. If I go I can add that to the list of dos & don'ts.

Quote Originally Posted by miamibob View Post
    Unfortunately, I haven't been well enough to getting up there but I tend to not ask questions. People are people and there are often conflicts but since Scotty is being a gracious host I would hope all guests behave well and good times are had by all!!! Guys, we are part of a very special "club" and we are all important to the group. I can not even count the valued advice I have gotten here and treasure every fellow member. I hope everyone enjoys the company and leave being happy they came!!!
    I always ask questions man, I'm ever curious...
    Those are car guys for ya though, "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiMerc View Post
    Google maps says it's about a 10 hour drive for me. Any Panther meet could use another Box. Let's see what the future brings.
    If you roll we'd have to roll together, that would be three panthers in a line, people might think we were on a mission... If I left out the HO swap I'd save a considerable amount lol

Derek

, people might think we were on a mission...
    Derek
    In the immortal words of Elwood Blues, "We're on a mission from God."

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    In the immortal words of Elwood Blues, "We're on a mission from God."
    Glad someone caught that!

would be about $2K for just me to journey out there, back and then out & back again, no food or hotels or anything.
    What happened last year?
    Foodwise Everybody contributes what they can or donates some FRNs, I guess we are a bunch of commies. LOL Like Louis Blanc said & as parroted by Karl Marx & our flealess leaders "From each according to his ability, To each according to his need"

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Now I have to know lol. If I go I can add that to the list of dos & don'ts.
    Don't do stupid stuff, don't do burn outs in unauthorized places, don't be a dipstick....

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Don't do stupid stuff, don't do burn outs in unauthorized places, don't be a dipstick....
    'Gravel parking lots'

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

If I come, I'm bringing a few cases worth of real cane sugar sodas from Dublin Bottling Works (formerly Dublin Dr Pepper - no more Dr Pepper, but their own sodas are pretty damn good).

and it looks promising that I'll be able to come. Just need the wife to be in good spirits about it come time for the trip.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

t65neon5

If I come, I'm bringing a few cases worth of real cane sugar sodas from Dublin Bottling Works (formerly Dublin Dr Pepper - no more Dr Pepper, but their own sodas are pretty damn good).

and it looks promising that I'll be able to come. Just need the wife to be in good spirits about it come time for the trip.
    ......tell the wife I insist you come this year! (hope that helps....lol)

Vinyl Cheese, Meat Pasty SVT98t's Avatar

Just called and set up our group dyno time on Saturday, August 8th.

Prices and times to follow.

Bring it, John.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Quote Originally Posted by pantera77 View Post
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I'll bring the high mileage car. Lets see what we can get for a baseline out of a quarter million miles.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast