PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie, LTD 1985 Crown Victoria fun things

Default Newbie, LTD 1985 Crown Victoria fun things

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, and bought this 85' last year. Mint Condition black hardtop with tan interior. Eventually want to throw a 408 stroker in it but I have a few mods that I can do - at least for now. Looking forward to all the good knowledge on this website.

It has a 302, and I will put some gt40p heads (which I will mildly port) on it along with a summit brand stealth (port matcing). Keeping the stock cam and also installing a summit annular 600cfm VS. It has factory 2" dual exhaust and soon to be 4.10 LSD installed although it was already 3.55 from the factory (but open). Has AOD (obviously) and I plan to install an electric fan because it is currently a fixed fan - not even clutch/thermal mechanical! Mint tan interior. It is a canadian model and the older fellow that had it always kept it in his garage, and then he freshly painted it before it sold.

And tint. Must tint cuzz no a/c.

Should be a fun little thing for now! Picture in the sig.

Cheers,

Gerhard
    Last edited by magnus77; 02-24-2016 at 12:51 AM.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Welcome! Car is lookin' good and sounds like you've got some good stuff planned for it. We'll be along for the ride!

Car looks sweet, like an old po-lice cruiser. I dig the dog dish hubcaps.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Welcome. Nice ride!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ootdega View Post
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Pro Touring Panthers! Hearsesrock427's Avatar

That's one slick, black, panther-ac! Did she come without A/C, bodyside stripes, and vinyl top from the factory? If so, it's likely a super stripper "S" model (those often came without A/C, or power windows/locks/seats) or a fleet car. Factory no A/C AND no vinyl top cars were pretty rare otherwise- had to custom order and delete those options. You've got an excellent base for hot rod- I'm looking forward to seeing how she comes out!
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt"
    '85 Grand Marquis "Eva"
    '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy"
    '79 New Yorker “Anita” coming June
    '79 LTD-S coming August 2023

Welcome! neat combo. Whereabouts in Canada are you located?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Looks slick!
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
    That's one slick, black, panther-ac! Did she come without A/C, bodyside stripes, and vinyl top from the factory? If so, it's likely a super stripper "S" model (those often came without A/C, or power windows/locks/seats) or a fleet car. Factory no A/C AND no vinyl top cars were pretty rare otherwise- had to custom order and delete those options. You've got an excellent base for hot rod- I'm looking forward to seeing how she comes out!
    No A/C from factory or power anything, factory hard top. Not sure about the bodyside stripes because the guy I bought it from could of had them removed and not re-installed when he got it painted. Manual seats too. Literally as basic as it gets haha.

Also homebase in Northern Ontario (3 season car) and currently in/out of waterloo.
    Last edited by magnus77; 02-25-2016 at 05:08 PM.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

2 decades of DDing Box Panthers, now in a Whale VicCrownVic's Avatar

Welcome!

You may be the only active member that I know of who has a factory no A/C car. And what a nice looking car too.
    Vic

~ 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, backup/summer cruiser
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon SLT - wannabe winter DD - many issues, returning sometime in the 2020s
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - Rotting Retired Winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

yeah a no AC car is a total unicorn.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

I want to see pics of the no a/c under the hood just to satisfy my curiosity!

GMN Box Panther History

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    Sure, I'll take a pic soon. The dash controls also do not have the A/C turn on option - only has hot to warm to moderately cool as options hahaha.

GMN Regular

Welcome! There's lots of info on here. Have fun reading
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0482.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	44632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0483.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	44633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0484.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	44634Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0485.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	44635Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0486.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	44636

Here ya go, along with an interior pic of the heating controls to prove it.

neat! it's so weird seeing the A/C just sorta not there underhood.

Is that a little v belt on the smog pump? Very cool. Or warm I should say with no air.

GMN Box Panther History

Is that a little v belt on the smog pump? Very cool. Or warm I should say with no air.
    Yea I'm pretty sure that is. It's pretty cute LOL. Going to remove all smog/EGR shit out. No need for emission tests in Ontario for anything >25 years, or maybe its 30? Either way it's not required to get tested.

I would actually prefer A/C but I'm not gunna bother with the hassle. Planning to get the windows tinted and eventually ceramic coated headers to reduce as much heat from the front as I can.

Really interesting seeing the differences just one year can make. My blue 1986 was a base with a few options. Your car makes mine look a bit luxurious.. but yours is probably in better condition then mine. Hell most people's here is probably in better condition then mine. I really love those dog dish hubcaps. Wish my car had those instead of what it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
    Really interesting seeing the differences just one year can make. My blue 1986 was a base with a few options. Your car makes mine look a bit luxurious.. but yours is probably in better condition then mine. Hell most people's here is probably in better condition then mine. I really love those dog dish hubcaps. Wish my car had those instead of what it does now.
    It only had 60k original miles when I bought it. It really is in mint condition. No rust anywhere on frame because the guy always kept it undercoated. I'm actually also surprised it was carbureted for this year, I did some reading and I thought they were all CFI. This one has a 2bbl and the duraspark.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus77 View Post
    I'm actually also surprised it was carbureted for this year, I did some reading and I thought they were all CFI. This one has a 2bbl and the duraspark.

Canadian market cars don't follow the rules for whatever dumb reasons.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast