New Guy. 1991 LTD Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    I completely understand, although i hope we're not all judged so harshly. Kinda makes me feel like a dick moving somewhere else. Figure they'll just be thinking "great, another dickbag californian". Just for the record, i plan to leave most everything california behind when i relocate, so i'm not one of "them". I just want to live someplace that i have a hope of living halfway decent making an honest living. People think it costs more because you make more here. Bullshit. Only people that make good money here are those that work for the gov't or benefit from it somehow. Average home price anywhere around here is 4-500k for a nothing-special tract home in a shitty neighborhood. No thanks.
    I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I know there are plenty of fine people out there. They're just outnumbered by the nutjobs in the cities.
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Car has light brown interior which is in very good condition carpet included. No rips or tears one stain on passenger side floor, othrr than that as good as a 27 year old car can look. My grandmother took very good care of it, always garaged, mostly because she worried about it getting stolen.
      1991 lx. Grandmas car. 80k. Garage queen

Comment

Ironic actually. My current car was stolen last april. Woken up by the sherriff's department at 04:30 asking if i owned a white crown victoria and if i knew where it was. They took me to pick it up. Undamaged and i still haven't figured out how that asshole started it. The ignition switch won't turn with anything but the key, unlike my other one that could be started with anything. Glad to hear yours was garaged. My current one has a much better top than the last car but the dash pad is discolored and this car has tan leather that's kinda crispy. Gonna go at it with lexol and see if it softens up.

Comment

She was funny, used one of clubs that hooked to the steering wheel wherever she parked, even in the garage. I guess that's the way people that grew up in the depression are, or were, about their belongings. Some A-hole grabbed her purse off of her walker in a grocery store about ten years ago and her car keys were in there. It took me and my uncle several years to convince her that the scumbag wasn't waiting to break into her garage and take her car.

I like rodentkillers advice on the big brakes. Although I have no intention of building a race car, I think it is smart to start with, what I will call, infrastructure to support added HP. I think newer rearend with lower gears and disc brakes is a good start. Haven't looked into a big front brake upgrade, but if I get a rearend from a 92-97 CV with disc brakes, do I want the master cylinder out of it too? Would it support the larger front brakes as well?

On another note: Oregon is not a right-to-work state like California. You MUST have a state issued journeyman plumbing, pipefitter, electrician card, or be in the apprenticeship program to work. This is not going to change in the foreseeable future. Oregon is one of the most strict states with regards to licensing and qualifications to receive them. This keeps wages high. There are companies who cheat, but when they get caught, there are stiff penalties from the Bureau of Labor and Industries, with the potential of having business license pulled. They even go so far as to troll Craigslist for people advertising services for which they have no license to perform.

I hope you are not in danger of those fires, terrible what is happening to peoples homes and businesses.
          1991 lx. Grandmas car. 80k. Garage queen

Comment

My 91's original engine went at around 135k, I have no idea why, I didn't own it then. A second engine, a Fred Jones rebuild took it to 350k-400k, imagine that! And when that one was leaking everything that could leak and more. It was time to get rid of the car or pay up. I decide to upgrade as she has been good to me. In went a 1996 low miles Explorer 5.0 with the GT40 heads. TC overflow tank and shroud plus 04 CVPI air tube and box. Dual exhaust, front and rear sways, 140PI speedo, oil and tranny coolers all from a 91CVPI, 6-digit odo, 90 TC lincoln logs, 90 M7 ECM and complete 02 big brakes. Not long after that in went a low miles 92 disc brake rear from a 92CV with 3:55 L. in place of the stock 2:73's. It has also gotten a bunch of interior upgrades from newer CV, GM and TC's. The car is still SD and it still has the stock 91 brake booster and MC on it. No big bucks here, every bit of this stuff came from JY's and it all runs/works great! Right now the big brakes gone as I needed to put the original wheels and dog dish caps back on. I know it could/should have been done better but it's good enough for me. The cats and air pump junk are in the garage somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by westernmcd View Post
              They even go so far as to troll Craigslist for people advertising services for which they have no license to perform.
              Yeah, that's taking it a bit too far! I mean it's my fuckin money and my fuckin property, I should be able to hire whoever I want to or can afford to hire (within reason). There are plenty of people out there who are intelligent enough to know how to look up the applicable codes/regulations and then follow them to the letter, and on the flip side I've see some work done by licensed professionals that leaves one to wonder if they even remember any of what they supposedly learned during their training. Yeah it's a thin blurry line between what's safe to essentially DIY and what's best off regulated. But think about it, if the asshats have their way we wouldn't be allowed to do our own work on our own vehicles cause most of us wouldn't be "qualified"...
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by mcninetyone View Post
                Right now the big brakes gone as I needed to put the original wheels and dog dish caps back on.
                Yes it's an asshole thing to say, but I'd love to see a semi-reasonable justification for that! lol
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                  Yes it's an asshole thing to say, but I'd love to see a semi-reasonable justification for that! lol
                  The car was used in a movie that required it to be stock right down to the wheels.
                  They knew those 98+ caps were not right.
                  And since the car is mostly retired, I've been either too lazy or too busy to put the big brakes back on.

Comment

The car was used in a movie that required it to be stock right down to the wheels.
                    They knew those 98+ caps were not right.
                    And since the car is mostly retired, I've been either too lazy or too busy to put the big brakes back on.
                    You have any RR threads. Really interested in seeing what you have!
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well, that's something you don't hear every day Care to share which movie?

Comment

I had nothing to do with setting all this up. I just took the money.
                        A friend of mine that does this part time asked me for the car.
                        He took my car and a 64 Mustang convertible (white/red) to the location.
                        The cars were there 3 days at $300 each a day for him and the cars.
                        $100 for him and $100 for each car.
                        It was filmed about 2 maybe 3 months ago.
                        I was told it was for a TV movie or cable series, not sure now.
                        He told me the title and it went in one ear and out the other, I will ask him again tomorrow.
                        I know a couple of people that do this type of work, if business keeps up I might join them.

Comment

The show is something called "Hap & Leonard", never heard of it!

Comment

Hap & Leonard is a pretty good show. Sundance channel, at least one of the main characters is gay, it's set back in the 70's/80's or whatever. Worth a watch, I'm sure they have season trailers or some promotional crap up on IMDB or youtube
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
                            X