Dog dishes on larger wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog dishes on larger wheels?

I am sure this was brought up in the past but search didn't bring up any relevant results. Has anyone figured out a way to install police dog dish caps on wheels larger than 15 inch? Perhaps welding something onto the wheels for the dog dishes to snap onto?

Not cheap but Wheel Vintiques Series 62 will do the job, rim size up to 17”. https://www.wheelvintiques.com/wheel...re-finish.html
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Any way to inconspicuously modify the dog dishes to snap onto the collared lug nuts (like below) found on later Ford products (such as whale P71s)?

Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
        Any way to inconspicuously modify the dog dishes to snap onto the collared lug nuts (like below) found on later Ford products (such as whale P71s)?

The only thing that comes to mind is somehow attaching the dog dish to the newer center cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          I am sure this was brought up in the past but search didn't bring up any relevant results. Has anyone figured out a way to install police dog dish caps on wheels larger than 15 inch? Perhaps welding something onto the wheels for the dog dishes to snap onto?
          That would be the cheapest solution. Welding the tabs from a set of rims that had those hubcaps onto a bigger set is the answer for that.
          Or as listed above, aftermarket rims.

Comment

Ohhhh I'm going to spring for those Vintage Wheels in 17" when I'm ready for new tires for the LTD. I wanted to keep the original police hubcap look and get wider, better tires for it.

I was going to use 16" police wheels and weld tabs onto them, but decided not to..
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
            X