Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part 3 in the ongoing series of Car Audio Installation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 351wcrayz View Post
    Sorry to be a party pooper, but I have a 1,000w 10" DVC and I didn't shit me pants...
    No one ten inch sub is going to make you crap your pants... youd have to have one GOOD 10 in a good box to even get a back massage...
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
      No one ten inch sub is going to make you crap your pants... youd have to have one GOOD 10 in a good box to even get a back massage...
      We used to do 3 10w6 in a sealed box with a A600 PPI running it. would rip your head off.

Tim
      2000 Ford Crown Victoria
      84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
      85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
      89 Lincoln town car: RIP
      89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
      1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
      2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Try 4 15"S running on 4 1k Orion amps. (ca. 1990). Guaranteed to turn your coupe or sedan into a convertible!
        2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

4 15"'s? compensating are we?

i've seen single sub systems that were enough to induce a headache to anyone. and no...i do not refer to the jackhammer..that things a waste of money.

Comment

It was a Crapice project vehicle. I was the box builder and Wire runner on it. Rockford Fosgate and Orion paid for it, but it never saw a competition. Three days prior to then picking it up the shop was broken into and set on fire.

It was later determined that the owner did it. He is still in jail for insurance fraud!

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

I run 2 12" subs pushing 2400 watts into each one at 2 ohms. anyone ever put a db meter in their car? i can get 125 db at the driver seat and 130+ standing behind the car with the trunk open.
              What happened here?

Comment

The 4 15"s pushed 145+ SPL's, I cant remember the db's.

Comment

meh, my old school boob cone resonant engineering xxx 12 in a 3.5 cubic foot slot ported enclosure could hit into the high 130's low 140's with just an infinity reference 1211a wired into 2ohms running about 1200 watts rms. it was hella fun setting car alarms off on both sides of the street lol. ahh, the good old days. too bad it needs reconing,
                  Last edited by RedThunder94; 12-04-2008, 01:48 AM.
                  sigpic2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                  07 P71 dual exhaust h pipe cat back with 24" glass packs Pioneer DEH-P6000UB HU Infinity 2 way 6x8's, Oz Audio 5x7 2 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211a and Alpine type R 12"
                  1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

thats not too bad, but 3.5 cuft is HUGE!!! how much of your trunk did that take up?
                    What happened here?

Comment

it was in my 94 thunderbird, it took approximately half of the trunk, sounded good though. still does but as i posted before it does need reconing, so its in storage until funding allows it, lol.
                      sigpic2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                      07 P71 dual exhaust h pipe cat back with 24" glass packs Pioneer DEH-P6000UB HU Infinity 2 way 6x8's, Oz Audio 5x7 2 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211a and Alpine type R 12"
                      1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

Personally, I never liked ported or bandpass sound. I prefer smaller (2cuft or less) sealed boxes. Hell my personal systems have rarley had more than a pair of 10's. The biggies don't like "The Metal!"

Comment

my 12's are in sealed 1 cuft boxes, nice tight sound.
                          What happened here?

Comment

:bump:
                            Ignore this bump, I am going to update and combine these posts.

Comment

I have used sealed in all my vehicle including my world champion. Only ported enclosure I have used is the Bazooka NOS tube in my Focus wagon ( pulled 130 DB with an 8" JL 8w6) and a Rockford bandpass in the Towncar.

Tim
                              2000 Ford Crown Victoria
                              84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
                              85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
                              89 Lincoln town car: RIP
                              89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
                              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                              1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
                              2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Working...
                              X