1989 LTD CV Wagon with GT-40P and T5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got a set of beehives for free?

Lucky bastard. Those things usually ain't cheap!

Oh, and make sure to have the installed height of the springs correct...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

How do I check the installed height? These are definitely a bit taller than stockers.
      They came from the guy with the Mustang shop. He said he had them for a race car he wanted to build, but said he'll never get around do it and my wagon is a much better recipient for the springs than someone else he doesn't even know.
      I'm gonna have a decal made for his shop and put it on my back window. I owe him that, to say the least.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Before...

Wait... what are these doing off?

Bling bling, bitches!!

Look at the meat on those springs...
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Don't look very blingy....they aren't very shiny....LOL
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
            Don't look very blingy....they aren't very shiny....LOL

Comment

I saw the vid of your car what was up with the smoke? is everything cool or is it just oil burning off the hot stuff? Other than the smoke it was super bad ass I have allways wanted to put manual trans in the police car.
              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Sorry- didn't see this post!
                The smoke is Seafoam that I ran through the vacuum system. Helps clear out the vacuum lines and the valves and whatnot.

Onto other matters...

When I installed the beehive springs I had clearance issues with the E4 aluminum valve covers, so I had to order tall covers. They came in Friday and I finally found time to install 'em today. They clear the upper just fine. There's about 1/16 of space between one of the vacuum tubes and the VC, but it clears.

...then I tore one of the upper intake gaskets. So no driving it until tomorrow.

Pictures to come ASAP.

Comment

0k thank you.
                  YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

trying to sell those old covers???
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Newp. They're going on the white wagon once I do the HO conversion.

Comment

Enter the Chronicle

Pete organized all the threads involving this build into one massive Chronicle at my request. This thing even puts Steve's Vast Chronicle to shame...
                        Thanks a lot, Pete. If I can do anything to pay you back, just ask!

Comment

Comment

Nice Vids!! That thing has an awesome note! And I never realized it was silver...for some reason I thought it was darker.

And where is that white smoke I was prommised??? Huh! Chicken out or something!?

Comment

My primary drive tire is on metal threads. Gonna swap the tires and then you'll get burnout.
                              ...and before someone says it... I did not almost get hit by the Explorer. There was plenty of room... just a bad angle.

Comment

Oh- and it's a silver/baby blue. I think someone once referred to it as ice blue...

Comment

Working...
                                X