No announcement yet.

6x9 speaker idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes its all about how much bass you want and what kind of music you listen too. If you listem to music with lots of really low frequencies than you will want subs. There are low frequencies that small speakers cant physicaly reproduce due to the small cone size.
    Blaze is right though, I used to have some oooold low power MTX 8"s in the trunk and they sounded pretty decent. I prefer a nice massage with my bass though, so I upgraded to 10"s
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Right about what???:confused:

Comment

I think that he is just agreeing with me in that an 8" sub can easily be an extreme amount of overkill, if that is not the kind of sound you are going for.

Comment

c'mon, do the techno proud and get sub for the full effect

My $80 sub system sounds amazing

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I think good speakers AND good subs make a real good system.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I think installation and tuning are more of a factor than what speakers you're using.

Comment

Johnny, just mount your amp on the shelf above the axle, then you have plenty of room for amps. thats a 1400W Legacy on the right, about 14" long, the one on the right is a 300W Jensen. the 1400w amp powers the 2 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2s, in 1.25 cu ft. sealed boxes. Pictures are of my 97 but the same set up will apply between cars.

http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Look into the hew Soney 6x9s and there 6 1/2" speakers they go from 25 to 34K. The next size smaller 28 to 34K the highs sare sweet. Havent finished the ree install yet but there some of the cllearest speakes I have used in a while.
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Hm, those are just the kind of boxes I need for my box. The massive bandpass box I have in the trunk now eats way too much room, and sounds crappy like a typical bandpass. Small sealed boxes that will sit on the side shelves would be perfect. Only trouble, I have an air compressor on the passenger side for the auto level junk. Its not in use tho, so I suppose I could remove it or relocate it.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                      Look into the hew Soney 6x9s and there 6 1/2" speakers they go from 25 to 34K. The next size smaller 28 to 34K the highs sare sweet. Havent finished the ree install yet but there some of the cllearest speakes I have used in a while.
                      34k is a bit useless. Humans range of hearing is about 25 Hz to about 20 kHz, depending on person it can vary slightly down to about 15 Hz, or up to about 23 kHz. Constant 23 kHz tones are great for inducing massive headaches.
                      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

You're also not getting 25Hz out of a 6x9 or 6.5 speaker. 50Hz would be a stretch to play with any authority...

Comment

I got a 1980 Music Man bass guitar siting here, a fender tube amp and and 2 Eliminator bass reflex cabnets with 15" JBLs in them that perty much sayes I know my bass. These new Soneys are good. Check them out on Crutchfield.. Heck 25 is better than a lot of subs I have specked out. I also enjoy music not over amped distorted music.

Comment

I have a laptop, winMLS, a Behringer mic and an M-Audio preamp that pretty much says I know frequency response, or at least how to measure it

Comment

hooray for techno bass!!!!!
                              jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Originally posted by jasonh
                                I have a laptop, winMLS, a Behringer mic and an M-Audio preamp that pretty much says I know frequency response, or at least how to measure it
                                Pick some up and test them if they are not what they claim . do we have a tort

Comment

Working...
                                X