No announcement yet.

Modern headlights for boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there are these LED bulbs that would fit the HELLAs. They're from China, but they're not too expensive and work fine.

These are 2600 lumens on high, which is 900 more than Silverstar Ultras. That's HID territory. They're a little cheaper than the 2000 lumen Sirius LEDs. The high-end Sirius LED bulbs are 6400 lumen, which is just outright stupid.

http://www.amazon.com/Eyourlife-2600.../dp/B00KBQWSB2
    Last edited by ootdega; 03-02-2015, 01:58 PM.
    89 Grand Marquis GS.

Putting it here because I keep forgetting to mention it. It's not very exciting at the moment.

Comment

My issue was tied to the headlight switch. It finally kept popping fuses.

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
      1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
      88 CVLX
      01 Marquis

Comment

Finally received my LED halos from China. Took over a month to get here. I think they were coming by donkey mail.

Holy crap are these things bright. The stock halo covers can be used with these. I put a couple of dabs of hot glue over the clips to keep them in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          Finally received my LED halos from China. Took over a month to get here. I think they were coming by donkey mail.

Holy crap are these things bright. The stock halo covers can be used with these. I put a couple of dabs of hot glue over the clips to keep them in place.

LOVE, I wanted to do white Halos on the Towncar

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
          1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

I remember that time you put celebrity/caprice sealed beams in your old box.

Pretty cool mod!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Here's a good article about LED replacement lamps recently posted on TTAC.com http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...etrofit-bulbs/
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

What was that website that Ryan used to get his LEDs from? I mean not to stray off topic; just a thought.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Www.superbrightleds.com

-ryan s.
                  08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                  94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                  73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                  12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                  Originally posted by pantera77
                  Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                  X