Factory Box CD Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Box CD Player

Anyone got any details about what year they started offering CD players? I need it to add to teh offical box history collection.

I spotted this one at a local auto auction.

Maybe I should save a copy of this pic... I take it that the CD players weren't all that common.

Here is a pic of the whole car, an '89 TC. Note the amber corners ('89 only).

1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

It's listed in my manual as an option, maybe if there is somebody with an '88, they can check their manual? Then if it's there, somebody with an '87....etc.
    1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

i have one in the 91, but i know that they were options, and yes 89 is the only year with amber lenses on lincolns!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
        i have one in the 91
        Could you email me a pic of that? (Click on my name on the left and click Send email to Tiggie)

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

hopefully i can get one of the pics taken by my bro

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

It existed in 1988 as well, I've seen one. No, it wasn't very common, something like a $1000 option for the JBL system with the CD player.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have the JBL system, but no CD player. The old guy who owned Eatons, which was the original owner obviously didn't feel it was an option he needed
              1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Those amber lenses look awesome on it.

I like those more than the clears, lol.
                1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

I never actually noticed that other TC's didn't have the amber corners

Comment

I know that they offered it but I haven't actually seen that in the lincoln before I know what the mark 7 looks like that had the add on cd player

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by OVERKILL
                      I never actually noticed that other TC's didn't have the amber corners
                      If you look close, you'll notice that the 89 also has a black "window" between the headlights. Prior years that was clear. That headlight bezel and the amber corners are one year only parts.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                        If you look close, you'll notice that the 89 also has a black "window" between the headlights. Prior years that was clear. That headlight bezel and the amber corners are one year only parts.
                        Fascinating!

Comment

does that CD unit work by itself or does it need the main one too work???
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Fairly sure it ties in to the stock sound system but never played with one

Comment

I'd say that you'd need the JBL sound system and it'd work fine. Otherwise, I dunno.

It was available back to 1987 at least in TC's! Anyone got an '86 brochure?

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                              X