Fog/Driving Light install done clean...PIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog/Driving Light install done clean...PIX

so im a stickler for cheap foglamp installs, crap wire routing, cheap switches and crap placement. so i went for as oem as possible on the install so you dont even see it at a glance...

i routed the wires to the switch, which was going to be on the door, so i pulled it thru the existing wiring hole and coverings.

once the wiring was thru, then i taped it all up and along the existing wires, then along to the trunk wire which is next to the new switch...making it right there almost like a factory wiring harness. i know, you dont see the damn wires but i know they are there...and if i ever take the door off again, its clean behind there, nothing to snag.

time for that firewall fun...found a nice rubber thing that moved, and was there for my amp wire as well...time to add a bit more silicone to be safe after pulling it out a tad

wire flex covers...makes for that oem wiring look.
    run from the firewall all the way shoved down under the airbox, and down the middle between the bumper and radiator

for an end result of...

only took me 6 hours over 2 days to finish it
    im really slow with doing stuff like that, because i hate wires...so part of those 6 hours was staring for places to put the switch, and i also forget where i put tools 10 seconds after i use them so that takes time too
    i do have to change the switch tho, i lost a peice to it, and that LED is blue and it shines retardedly bright...so i gotta find one similar to replace, which was a green one that ended up being dull as hell so that worked perfectly.

also, the other place that you could put it besides the dash would be here

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Nicely done. Looks factory, just like it should.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

nice job one tip is you half to extend the harness that they give you because it's too short for my car I just made a hole through the fire wall

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
        nice job one tip is you half to extend the harness that they give you because it's too short for my car I just made a hole through the fire wall
        i dont even think the wiring they give you is good enough to fit inside of a chevy aveo.

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

update....i moved the switch up as i was afraid to pop the trunk

thats the only spot on there to put it, looks somewhat OEM, its convenient, solid.
          just took a dremel very carefully making a hole a hair smaller than the switches underpinnings, and since it had threads i screwed the switch in, and the washer to lock it in.

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

Id let you wire my cars very very good job!
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

THANKS! some things i dont take lightly AKA OCD :lol:

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

Damn, that does look factory!

I love it when people actually take the time to do it right.
                1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

I hear ya... I dont like exposed wires either... though I do have one or two... they are tucked away nicely though
                  I did something simmilar to your wiring here with my power trunk wiring... I ran the wire for the upper trunklid switch through the loom that the trunk light/popper wires are in
                  Every time I see a car with wires draped through the door jamb into the interior of the car, I want to
                  I saw a mustang with a few gauges, a tach, a starter push button, and a horn button all wired this way, getting pinched in the door weatherstip :nonono:
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i only have 1 wire semi exposed and thats my sat radio antenna that is underneath the weather stripping and when you open the pass door you can see about 1/2 an inch total in 2 spots of it. other than that and my phones car charger (which i have no choice but to leave out for obvious reasons) thats it. when i put an inverter in my car i gotta figure out where i wanna put it. i may consider putting it under the pass seat and run wires thru carpet like i did for my streamlight that is wired between my bench seat. ill take a pic of that one day its hard to see when in the car as it is. that used to be between my drivers seat and door too but i moved that to between the seats so there is NO wire at all showing.

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

just looking at the pics since the original install...i made a lot of changes

honeycomb grille, movement of fogs, change of fogs behind grille, new headlamps and sidemarkers, removed the chrome strip and added front tag holder (nevada requires front and back so i needed it)

oh and of course i have mean greened those doors lol

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

yeah it's nice to have the wires all nice and neat. For me I just don't feel like taking it all apart to make it perfect lol.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

For the inverter, here's where I put mine:

Since then I moved it further to the right, tis pretty much outta sight there but still easy to reach even while driving. I know yer car's got stuff in that general area, but you should be able to still have some space for it there.

Comment

Working...
                          X